Wednesday, August 24, 2011

To the virgins, to make much of time

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The number of people who could be here in my place out-numbers the sand grains of Sahara. If you think about all the different ways which our genes could be permuted, you and I are quite grotesquely lucky to be here, the number of events that had to happen in order for you to exist, in order for me to exist. We are privileged to be alive and we should make the most of our time on this world. ~ Richard Dawkins

Here's to my girl and fellow Virgo, Ruth whose birthday is today... and only three days older than I am but three years wiser. =)

And today, to my husband, who I first met exactly 2 years ago, a hot mess... and with whom I feel quite grotesquely lucky to spend the rest of my life with.

Here's to making the most of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment