Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 28 - A picture of your favorite place in the world

                                     University of the Philippines, Los Banos

See the Humanities steps just behind Oble? I did a lot of growing up on those steps. Coffee and cigs in hand during the day, Redhorse and cigs at night... whilst staring at Oble's tight ass for four years, trying to make sense of it all, IE. Why college boys were dense. Why I failed economics when I was so good with money. Why I couldn't cross-reg Stat 1 at Diliman. Why the only tool I knew how to use was a hammer (Maslow).

I think that's what many UPians underestimate when they aspire for a UP education --- that though classes may be held inside the crummy rooms with some of the awesomest professors, the REAL education... that "higher learning" actually happens on those steps. No teachers, no [blue] books... just you, your thoughts, your fellow learners, and Oblation's ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment