Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you

                 (L-R: Contributor Roni Callanta, me, our EIC Ms. Armin, and CEO Ms. Belle)

Who run the world?
Girls.

........

You know how they say "three's a charm"? Well from being a kindergarten teacher to an online Korean english teacher, I finally landed an editorial assistant's position at Gadgets Magazine after an unsuccessful --though fortunate-- attempt at MMPI (which only had an opening for their local entertainment mag). From editorial assistant to lifestyle editor to associate editor -- and this month, I'll be going on my 5th year.

Though admittedly, my job is one of those high-perk/low-paying types so there's really no way you can become a 20-something millionaire in my line of work. But the perks, I think, are more than what money can buy. For one, I get to do what I love and write. Second, I get to review GADGETS. Then there's the flexi-time, the homey feel of our office and the fact that it's in QC and 10minutes away from my place, my ridiculous colleagues, the non-existence of firewalls, the free trips abroad, the creative freedom, and just the right amount of glitz and glam that comes with the job minus the "celebrity-superficialities".

It's a place where my opinions matter... even I'm not all that tech-savvy. Where I can be taken seriously and respected as an efficient boss and still be the girl you'd wanna have a drink with at the end of the night. It doesn't eat away at the quality time I have to spend for my family and I can bring my kid to work... and have colleagues ready to baby-sit her at the drop of a hat.

And of course, I don't get too stressed and end up looking like sh*t and older than I really am. Because honestly, the only real overtime I do is when I have to attend an evening media affair and there's free alkie... and I don't wanna go just yet until I've had my fill. =)

(Photo taken at the 9th Gadgets Magazine Anniversary party... where I got plastered off the free vodka.)

AND JUST THIS MORNING...!!!!

Our beloved, fashion-forward, tech-trendy CEO gave me AN ENTIRE DUFFEL BAG OF PRETTY LITTLE DRESSES, mostly from SALABIANCA and K&CO., all in pristine condition!!! *melts*

I mean... WHO DOES THAT????? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment