Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book


This was my first copy when I was 10years old. After reading it, every other book I borrowed from the library was a mythology book. I'd lost the book while I was in the States.

My husband gave me his copy while we were still dating.

In one of our lovely email exchanges, he wrote, "You really deserve it more than I do. The copy you had when you were younger was a really nice copy. I know my tattered old high school paperback doesn't even hold a candle to it. But i hope it inspires you to read the book a million times more. You will definitely tell Psyche the history of her name, and SHE will tell you how HER name will make history."

I still read it everyday (if only in the bathroom *giggles*)

So last night, I climbed into Psyche's bed and told her the story of Psyche and Cupid, my favorite love story.

She then asked me where Cupid was and I told her he would come if she prayed.

So we prayed. And she said:

Dear God,
Make me a good girl.
Take care of me.
Protect me.
Don't let mama be mad at me.
And thank papa for the light [her nightlight].

And let Cupid find me.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. wow cute.. psyche and cupid's love story is one of the best ever.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mos def. I mean, who better to wish for than Love himself. And who better for Love to find than his Soul. *melts*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine too! Oh my goodness, I pored over those "houses" family trees in the back pages for months.

    "Don't let mama be mad at me." HAHAHA. She is an angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHA!! yeah i seriously tried to see how each were related... apparently, EVERYBODY'S done zeus... that slut. hahahaha!

    awww yeah she always prays that God make me happy... and that she learns to read. =)

    ReplyDelete