Thursday, February 24, 2011

I wish (part 2)

In this episode...

Bride Wars. (Hahahahaha!)

Ok so maybe it's not easy for sisters to have their weddings only months apart and to compare notes and not try to step on toes or outdo or outshine the other as well as come up with something unique and different whilst avoiding biting off the other's style, motif, theme, whatever.

So as a loving sister to my younger sister... let me make this clear:

She will have her GREEK-inspired theme. She will be the goddess... and we will be her lesser nymphs and muses.

And since she called dibs, I am happily going to settle for the previously posted Famosa wedding dress as a bridesmaid dress... in purple. =)

.....

Fortunately, this mix-up finally compelled me to find a more fitting theme for my wedding (taking into consideration practicality, comfort, cost, etc. etc.). But since that won't happen til next year and I don't want to set anything in stone just yet, I'll just call dibs on OLD HOLLYWOOD (maybe a mix of the 40s, 50s,60s,70s)... and see where I go from there. I just like so many little things from each of the eras that it's hard to decide let alone choose just one overglorified theme. But I'm having fun with it. I mean, I guess I was just overwhelmed with all the excitement of this and this and that, picking out colors and googling wedding dresses and attending wedding expos. But all of that really doesn't matter considering... I AM GETTING MARRIED. In two weeks.

In front of my family and his family and very few close friends...

After 500days, I finally get my intimate romantic wedding... and reassure my daddy that his "favorite second," his "pakachak" is in good hands.

Ergo...

I'll worry about the real deal church wedding plans in October... exactly one year before our scheduled Oct. 26, 2012 date.

All this crazy unnecessary planning is stressing me out. Shoot. I should just worry about making money.

But I did google a potential (halston) dress (something I chose calmly and objectively)


Totally rockable, yeah?




Coming soon:

The Bachelorette Party.

Let's see what my little sister has in store for her ate. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment