Monday, January 31, 2011

HOW TO GET MARRIED IN THE PHILS. --- a guide.

Yesterday morning, Pao and I headed on over to QC City Hall (his first time, my 3rd) to file for a marriage license.

....
......

Fucking wild.

..........
                                        Look at that, so sure of himself. =P



Apparently, you don't really need all that much to get married. Hell, all we did was fill out an application form THEN take a walk on over to the... I dunno what that place is called... Marriage place/booth of sorts (it's a ways walk from the City Hall where we had to slip and slide our way through the NBI clearance line), talk with I dunno who or what she was, told her when we wanted our Civil wedding, where (my house), and asked how much. (Oh and on our application form, we both couldn't be "Roman Catholic" ---- Pao had to become a "Christian" [not that he isn't]... something to do with "Why not just go straight to the Church" ... like our Roman Catholicism would've been a conflict of interest of sorts.

What. The. Hell.

*shrugs*

It would've cost only 4,500 but since we wanted to do the Civil Wedding elsewhere (Hell no do I wanna be married in that dreary ass place), a "location" wedding would be 2,000 more (pastor included).

Then I asked when the family planning seminar was. (As I thought it was one of the requirements as stated by Google along with an orig. birth certificate --- which I actually purchased some time last week.)

And good golly gee whiz THERE WAS NONE. (Not that I needed to go to a family planning seminar or anything *ahem*)

I was just saying.

So yes...

Without further ado, seminar, or even that paper that declares your singlehood (the lady just asked if we were ever both married before...*WTF* Homegirl just took our word for it. *smacks forehead*)...

We will be married MARCH 9, 2011 ------ on our 500th day anniversary. (Yes, I counted it. =)

Of course, the lady did NOT fail to mention (in this strangely deadpan, un-enthusiastic, monotone, eerily foreboding type voice) that "Eto narin po yung dadalhin sa Civil Registry at lifetime na po ito."

I swear I felt the wind knocked out of me EVERY TIME SHE SAID THAT.

"Lifetime na po ito."
"Lifetime na po ito."

(Ok ok I get it, jeez.)


AND THAT'S HOW YOU APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE IN THE PHILIPPINES, Y'ALL. =)

..................

Oh and I dunno if I should say this but I DON'T CARE, IT WAS JUST OUT THERE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE, ALL UP IN YOUR FACE THIS IS WHERE YOU TAXES ARE GOING, BITCHES BLATANT DISPLAY OF... oh I dunno... I don't wanna say it.

As we were filling out our application forms, I noticed that the rundown office used these LG Flatron monitors and behind them was a sticker that said what the item was, when it was bought, how much it cost, and that it belonged to the city hall. It must've been only about 19-inches... bought December 9, 2008...

AND THIRTY-EIGHT THOUSAND NINE-HUNDRED PESOS.

Hot. Damn.

These government folk are spoiled aren't they? *winks*

Ok ok MAYBE! it was a typo.

MAYBE! they meant to type 3,890... and someone just completely forgot where to place their commas and how many zeros it takes to get to the "thousands" place, not the "ten thousands" place.

*shrugs*

It happens.

(Hell, I still count my zeros before every comma. =)

....................

***Psst, Waffle?

I love you. Thanks for rubbing me with Vicks VaporRub lastnight when I was sick...

And for choosing to marry me.

7 comments:

  1. hehehe brings back memories on those days in Makati City hall... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. applying for a marriage license here is the most unromantic thing about getting married, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the whole marriage license thing entails one thing = money LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i told pao that they should make this obstacle course of sorts that the couples have to undergo before they can get the marriage license --- like jumping through a ring of fire, walking on hot coals.

    sh*t like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha and listening to an old lady for more than an hour regarding family planning, married life etc.. which honestly for me made me sleepy because I'm so bored at that time... (not being mean) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww i'd have wanted to go to a family planning seminar... if not for the sheer curiosity of how it will be discussed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha try it, depending on the person talking, its pretty interesting... the problem is I'm just bored out of my brains at that time... LOL!

    ReplyDelete