Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bureau Class of 2009

Graduated suma cum laude of straight up swizzlin', hahahaha! I swear, back in the day (like 2 years ago and single), Ms. Beverly (which isn't even her real name but guys like to think so) had more mack than Craig, furrealz.

But her biggest achievement truly, is being a good friend... my "close to a meltdown pick-me-upper" friend. Bringing me a feast from North Park when I was down, shopping with me and the sisters for the perfect evening ensemble (ahh the therapy in retail), picking my ass up 99% of the time to go to the club (even when I didn't want to =), bringing over the Redhorse and joining me in a "Chasing Pavements" Adele emo-session, blazed out of our wits and eating Mcdonalds at 6am.

And of course, being the ultimate wingchick at the club, hahaha!

But all very good girls at heart... and even better girlfriends. =)

No thanks to Facebook. It was phone calls and text messages and even late night booty call nearing 2am type text messages, like "what are you doing." nothing. "get dressed, i'm picking you up." When did friendships become so... diluted, reduced to a slow deathly boil of [I'm guessing 250 characters?] mixed into a shallow pot of tweets and status msgs and likes [really? a "thumbs up" is good enough of a recognition symbol?]. (Oh and I heard it again I swear! The "HEY, FRIENDS TAYO SA FACEBOOK NOH ANUKABA?!!!" For the love of f*cking God.) I am an elitist. But I digress...

But hey, in fairness-ness to all of my friends and fam on Facebook who want me to have a Facebook, I'm sure I would do nothing but flood all of your walls with 1000 word comments and conversation. It would be a text-heavy mess and I don't know if y'all are quite ready for that. =)

That's why if you have my number, give me a call. Or you can do what my other friends do who have accepted my multiply-loving ways and just converse with me on here. That's why I love y'all... because of the effort. *beams proudly* And to those brave enough to get on my viewing history, hey, I see you. And whether you like my ish or not (can't really say cuz you don't tell me), I appreciate it. Really. And I hope you are well.



I wish every girl a friendship like this one. =)



.....


Oh and shoutouts to the L'Oreal Academy for my glossy flossy hair. (INOA is the shiiiiiz, y'all. More about it in our Feb. issue of Gadgets. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment