Monday, January 3, 2011

TOP 11 OF 2011

These aren’t really resolutions as they’re more like “goals” I’ve set for myself (which I hope to follow through up until the end of the year… and if it’s worth carrying over onto the next one then all the better). That 7 Habits book is no joke, y’all. Stephen Covey has got me all hot and bothered, hahaha!

1.  I need to break the habit of wearing coochie cutter shorts to work. It’s funny because that was one of my reminders LAST YEAR after I got another mild memo regarding the “formality in dress” (goes to show how hardheaded I can be. *smacks forehead* I mean gosh y’all, the last time I checked, this WAS a tropical country and I’m not about to rock my 5-inch stilettos to the office like those cool kids over at stylebible do and wear makeup to a lunch meeting or while I’m simply sitting in front of my desk writing my next gadgetslab.) But alas, I was told I needed to “channel” my inner Anna Wintour and at least, “dress” the part as lifestyle editor inside as well as outside the office.

Ergo… I’ve decided to prepare 5 dresses which will serve as my daily workday “uniforms” straight on from Monday to Friday… my personal work staples, if you will… unless I have some new ensemble I want to rock. Honestly, dressing up can be such a chore esp. when you only have 30mins. to get to work after snoozing the alarm for two hours. But I gotta avoid the shorts. (Maybe I’ll make Fridays my “free-day” where I can go back to wearing my signature short-ass shorts, wife-beaters and slippers.)

2. I have to learn to wooozaaah myself from getting too annoyed with Psyche because she’s at that age where she wants to just play and hang out and put make up on and touch my things. Now don’t get me wrong, she is still incredibly sweet and considerate (like whenever I want to watch tv, she’ll say, “Mommy, you can watch Law & Order.”) But I guess I let my getting tired get in the way of the quality time I owe her so I have to really start coming up with a sort of schedule of what she and I can do together for an hour or so… before she has to go to bed. I’m just lucky that she understands that our going to work is so that we can make money (to buy her icecream, she firmly believes). It makes it easier to leave the house despite her adorably imploring face to stay home.

3. I have to get this wedding in order. Seriously.

4. Must channel the ILOCANA-VIRGO powers within and continue saving like a mother.

5. Learn the art of Micro-managing. *cue mantra: I am a boss. Now act like one.*

6. I realized how much I miss my friends… the ones who knew me “growing up.” Despite, all of the wonderful people I’ve met and all the other friends I’ve gained, old friendships remain like warm, fuzzy security blankets --- they were there at my very worst, during the time I was cast into the fire to burn in order to learn some of life’s biggest lessons. I have to plan more dates with them esp. now that I’m getting married.

7. Must write Paolo more love letters.

8. Find another poison other than vodka-redbull. (or at least limit them to 2 a night). Let me throw in the jagerbomb in there, too. I gotta remember not to drink to get drunk (but Hell, where’s the fun in that???) I gotta go back to my roots… REDHORSE and EXTRA JOSS.

9.  I gotta be nicer to my mom… and remember to not touch her things lest I want all Hell to break loose.

10. Get on that godforsaken stationary bike more.

11. Kiss more, hug more. Say:

Thank you

Good job

I love you

You’re awesome

I forgive you

You are appreciated

MORE.


......


Here goes nothin' 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment