Sunday, January 23, 2011

Arrhaes and alot of other useless stuff at weddings.

Paolo and I purchased our wedding bands at the Weddings & Beyond Expo yesterday.

Pretty plain jane platinum bands ---------------------------------> (to tone down the unforgivably blatant conspicuousness of my engagement ring --- I could see the other girls nudging their better halves to sneak a peek at my finger as I tried rings on for size.)

[Ain't it pretty? =]

But furrealz yo,

It is a white sapphire y'all. Nothing to get all hot and bothered about. It just so happens that Pao understands my preference for the vulgar. (And how I like em BIG and practical. =) But see, it's not even about the rock. It's about keeping and staying true to the promise signified by your identical wedding bands. (Which we still don't quite know what we're gonna have engraved in em though it seems we're leaning towards putting "Waffle" hahahahaha!)

But hey, we did both realize that wedding expos are the best places to go couple-watching (kinda like bird-watching but 20x's more fascinating... and hilarious).

And yes, if there are "bridezillas" then there are also "groomzillas..." though personally, I just call em assholes. 'Cause they are. I mean, you don't tell your bride-to-be, "Di lahat ng gusto mo masusunod" and start making it pretty clear that you would rather hang yourself than have to go through another round of wedding dresses and venues and makeup and photo booths and choose between a 3-tiered lemon butter cake or a carrot one.

I guess I should be glad that my fiance is nothing like that... except he does think that checking his Fantasy League scores whilst I collect all the brochures is acceptable behavior. *ahem*

Oh and I just wanna say that Christian weddings are so expensive. I mean, what the f*ck is an "arrhae" anyway???? And do we even frikkin' need it? Can't like the church lend us one? It's messing with my budgeting, seriously.

5 comments:

  1. Yes to "Waffle" engravings!!!

    Ugh. An arrhae is for the litol coin bearer (whoever tike you're going to pick). That's why I'm leaning towards a civil wedding. If only for the expenses :-s

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Sapphire. *Melt* She sounds like a really hot dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all my Catholic-born years, in all the books I've read... i never knew what an arrhae was... hell, i barely knew how to pronounce it. fine, fine. I'll look for one online, hahaha!

    hahaha yeah i think it'll say WAFFLE. =P

    oh and civil wedding nga muna kami. the church is next year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she is [a dancer]! she sparkles and shines and dances in light and rainbow. she's a full-figured PYT... just like her owner. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word. You really gotta save for THE BIG ONE.

    Ugh. I can't wait for yo photos!!!

    ReplyDelete