Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Things I'm happy about (in no particular order).

1. I'm getting my hair dyed by Loreal on Friday. (I'm shallow like that)

2. I get to talk wedding talk with my sister, Mika and compare notes and be all giddy and girly and stuff. (She suggests the Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine as a guide whereas I suggested Google.)

3. Psyche has acquired the sweet disposition to offer to share her "Wedding Barbie" with me and is pretty much one of the coolest cats I have ever had the pleasure to meet.



4. Our condo is almost finished and is coming along nicely and since it's connected to the MRT, I get to go to work without a car and squeeze in some exercise by walking to and from the station and maybe take Psyche along with me to Ayala Station so we can visit her Papa at work or just hang out at the mall without me thinking about traffic and parking.

5. By the looks of things, Pao and I will be wed in March... and my entire family (including Mika's fiance, Ben) will all be here then to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday.

6. I have a fiance who is hardworking and can HUSTLE.

7. I get to go on this crazy beautiful journey with a man who... well... is perfect. Like yeah I know he's not perfect perfect but I mean, hot damn Lord you totally outdid yourself with this one. Like... God seriously loves me. I dunno. *shrugs* Paolo is such a good friend. And we have AWESOME crazy monkey sex. HAHAHAHA!

8. I find I'm very lucky to have the ability to make people comfortable around me. For them to want to engage in conversation, to find themselves able to easily discuss or indulge me with their stories. Before, I used to find it perplexing that after the end of the night, I'd know so much about a person without my even needing to pry or people would just randomly profess things outtanowhere. Dr. Drew calls it "therapeutic wonderment"... when you ask questions you already know the answer to and wait for people to find the answers within themselves (apparently it gives those a sense of wonder after realizing that the answer was inside them all along). I think I have that [skill/quality]. And I think it's cool. I get to learn from people (not just learn about them) without being preachy or invasive.  -----> this was prompted by DJ Rye when he told me about how he proposed, the circumstances behind it and how that "beautiful journey" doesn't end after the wedding ceremony. Personally, I have a thing for guys who divulge their love stories. I find it absolutely fascinating and awe-inspiring.

9. I'm happy I'm thinner and healthier. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

10. My colleague asked me if I missed my brods and sisses from college. The question made me recall that part of my history and I couldn't help but feel this tug in my heart... to know that I was surrounded by a bunch of wonderful people who were REALLY there. Not just through all the drunk crazy "hey let's cut class and drink beside the humanities building and make fun of the people passing by especially those stuck up bio majors who think they're so cool" type instances... but during the times I fell from my self-made high chair and was an inch away from having my face and life ruined. I may not see them as often... but God, I am so happy to have met them and to have had that kind of friendship. They were my higher learning.

11. I may be frugal as Hell... but I'm happy to be rich in amazing memories (yeah, including the death-defying, life-defining, painful ordeals). And thus far, I think I've led a very exciting and enriching life... and I'm grateful that God entrusted me with the wisdom that came from those experiences.

I can grow up now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment