Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rainy Days and Saturdays

On a rainy Saturday afternoon, Psyche goes to her room, sprawls onto her bed, on her tummy, onto the cold sheets, Justin Bieber poster hanging awkwardly on her wall, iPod in hand, and sings Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory" at the top of her lungs... and I think to myself as I sneak a peek from behind the door, that that's how I used to spend my days... bed, music, walls, and my poster boy.

And she actually just came into my room so I can look for Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" and ran right back out...

To emote.

.......

And I hope, with and whether whatever technology, be it a radio, an old desktop pc, Windows Media Player, iTunes, walkman, cassette player, CD player, or iPod Touch 4... she still finds the time and the solace to go to her room and daydream to her favorite songs.

Especially on rainy Saturday afternoons.

2 comments:

  1. And what beautiful songs to emote to. May we have music and rainy Saturday afternoons (and our own rooms) forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i dunno about "edge of glory" though... but hearing her sing it is hilarious. =P grabe pang-emote ko dati, ayan nga. natalie imbruglia. and oooh eto ultimate emote song ko dati spatan mo:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51jgj-RCtWQ

    boom. get them cigs and alkie ready.

    ReplyDelete