Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home is where the heart is.

Our first home as a young and happily married couple and my own Warhol-inspired picture - a birthday gift from my husband.


The Kitchen and Dining Room


The Living Room (and Law & Order on TV)

.....

The Bedrooms... are private. =)

.....

And even though it took my car AND my TV to get stolen in my previous, ghetto of an apartment (because I was a self-inflicted pauper who valued independence more than luxury) in order for me (and my loving family) to realize that I needed a serious living space upgrade, I nevertheless, consider those two unfortunate incidents a productive and divine catalyst of sorts.

A quaint and lovely little condo where my daughter can be safe and my husband and I can feel secure (and take the awesome-ass MRT to work) in exchange for a car and a TV... not a bad deal at all.

(Oh but how losing my hatchback hurt! *cringes at the memory*)

I guess in a waaaaaaay *sigh* ... it's cool that God took away that excess so I can better appreciate the more important things in life.

Like the utilization, appreciation, and utter maximization of public transportation.

And can I just say that I love the MRT and the fact that my office is north bound thus opposite the mad rush of those headed to the CBD all located on the dirty dirty south. And God love the siomai places located on the station so I can grab dinner just before I have to go up to our condo. And thank you for the exercise being car-less allows me to have now that I'm happily forced to make that 20-minute walk from the office to the MRT station (with KFC along the merry way).

It's more than I could've ever wished for at 27.

Ok... maybe our condo could use the wonder that is THE FRIKKIN' PAINT ZOOM. (I so want one, it's not even funny.)

One of these days, I'm going to paint our condo and all of our walls RED and there ain't nothin' anyone (not even my husband who I love to pieces) can do about it. =)

18 comments:

  1. Go Paint Zoom! Lord knows I want one =P

    Talk about upgrade! Good job guys =)

    Still in QC or are you guys in Makati na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint zoom and the steam gourmet!!! (I swear, I was thiiiiiiiiiiis [--------] close to calling HSN and ordering (even if i didn't have the money for the paint)... i kept staring at the walls and dreaming up all sorts of color combinations. *sigh* what i'd give to be one of those DIY handywomen. =)

    Upgrade, yes. Expensive, hell yes. But it's TO OWN so at least our rent isn't going to waste. We figured this was that "big grown-up thing" he and I needed to put most of our saved-up money into. Savings from college, from baon, from my measly salary, cash gifts, and parental charity (aka my God-given right, haha). And it's in QC so all the more reason to love it. Near work and cheap places to drink. =P And ours. =)

    Hey, I'll see you on Thursday at Capones yeah? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh! i love it :) lets do a painting party!!!! pizza a beer yo... and painting is cheap! especially when you can hire your friends lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and by the way.. guess whooooo bought their airfare!

    see you august 8th to the 30th ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful simple condo. my car got stolen too (infront of our house). should i now follow and emulate you? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. bwahahahahahahahaha! man, i can just imagine... if i let you guys paint, i'll probably have nothing but penises on my walls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    but it sounds like a great idea (the pizza and beer part, not the painting, hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have no idea how excited i am for august, man. mika's taking the week off for my birthday too. pao and i are trying to come up with an itinerary, hahahahaha!

    you are gettin' shitfaced, idon'tcarewhatyousay. =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahahaha yeah! if your car gets stolen... you buy a condo. =P

    brod! may gagawin ka ba sa thursday???? (and can you send me your number again? my PURSE got stolen a few months back, hahahaha)

    what is this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yah man im ready for that.. and you and Roni better not dissapoint! I am coming with the expectation that I will only remember what happens through photos :P

    And yay for your mighty muggs and for pasalubongs whoot whoot. Man I am totally psyched- August 7th to the 30th-- with a very small small detour from the 16-19th for anthonys birthday but we are back to party it up during the weekend.

    I promise Roni I wont drool on you this time hahahaha.

    Mrs. Toledo (I like saying that rofl) do you know if Dianna will be in by then. I am dying for some fantasticsupercalafragalistic photos from her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh i just noticed you have an OVEN. WE NEED to BAKE Some CUPCAKES :) did i tell you i got all domesticated and sh1t while i was preggers and learned how to make some killer ass red velvet cuccakes with butter cream frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah i know dianna is supposed to be back by the end of this month. i'll definitely talk to her when she gets here and book you a shoot. =)

    man, i'm hungover and i have exactly 4 hours to finish my work before deadline hits at 5pm. once i get this ish done, i can go back to planning our birthdays. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah i know dianna is supposed to be back by the end of this month. i'll definitely talk to her when she gets here and book you a shoot. =)

    man, i'm hungover and i have exactly 4 hours to finish my work before deadline hits at 5pm. once i get this ish done, i can go back to planning our birthdays. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. man i haven't baked a frikkin' pastry since i was in gradeschool. i gotta check if my oven has the ability to do that, hahahaha!

    but if it can, you're totally making cupcakes, suzy homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth baby girl, I guarantee ONLY fantasticsuperdupercalafragalisticexpialageousis photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There you go Mrs. De Castro. super.cala.fragi.animalistic photos for you (and me! and me!)

    Dianna! When are you arriving?????

    ReplyDelete
  16. There you go Mrs. De Castro. super.cala.fragi.animalistic photos for you (and me! and me!)

    Dianna! When are you arriving?????

    ReplyDelete