Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate

I remember being at a family bbq and I grab this huge hunk of what-I-assumed-was-steak, hungry as Hell and put it on my plate. Then I take this enormous, ravenous bite... only to find out it was liver. I swear, I never spit food up so fast.



Not even the mashed potato and bacon can save this dish.

"Because of its unusual taste and gray appearance, it is an acquired taste and not a favorite or comfort food with everyone at the dinner table. This has given rise to the popular Jewish-American expression 'What am I, chopped liver?,' signifying frustration or anger at being ignored on a social level."

I don't like being treated as such either.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I cannot stand the taste. It looks scary whether it's bloody raw or cooked. I hate it when it finds its way in my forkful of pancit. Which is why I've taken to eating only vegetarian pancit now. Just black mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, vermicelli and black pepper. Hmm mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooooooo!! don't let the liver discourage you from having chicharon with your pancit!!!!! and egg. and pork. *salivating*

    liver spread, on the other hand, is not that bad. =)

    ReplyDelete