Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most

We were called "the committee" when we were young --- that was because, any decision we made had to have the approval (ideally) of the rest of the siblings. We deliberated, argued, discussed, discoursed, all in the name of sisterly honor (I think we honored each other's opinions more than we did our own parents). And you know to give them that kind of right over your life because you know that they really will be there for you, go to Hell and back for you, even when you're wrong. It's not just lip-service. When shit hits the fan, they throw down. And when I right about did things that almost ruined my life and damn near killed me, they were there --- whether lovingly or annoyed as Hell with me --- they were there.

I think they even hated the fact that my parents let me get away with half the dumbfuck stuff I did. But when the parentals were complacent, they were steadfast in their concern. And if you let them, they'll teach you more about life than any self-help book ever could.

But most of all, they're just funny as Hell. I mean, anybody could get through ANYTHING with these comedic crazies. Things just don't seem so... tragic... when they're around.

4 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful. It reminds me of Little Women, one of the very first books I read as a child and I'd daydream of having sisters. (Oh Christian Bale was so young and innocent in the movie version, and never in my life would I have imagined Jo March being played by WYNONA.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha oh yeah, we're like the modern day version... even Mika recognized it when she was diagnosed with chicken pox last month. She emailed us... and then she ends it with: "Love, Beth... si Beth na talaga ako noh???"

    It's the only movie where I truly liked wynona. and amy (aka roni)? yeah, she'd do something as to TAKE MY LEFTOVERS, HAHAHAHA! (just kidding, roni =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) aaaaaaw i like this. WOOOOHOOOOO IM GOING TO MANILA BITCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am already preparing the heart and liver. hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete