Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 08 - A picture of your most treasured item

My engagement ring: the one thing that gives me the least utility is my most treasured "material" item. As far as being "materialistic" is concerned anyway.

I was never a big fan of jewelry (fake OR real) and I never liked how they served no real purpose save to compliment a look or to establish social status. But this, I would never give up. I'd trade and downgrade my life and livelihood if it meant being able to keep it forever. Because now, I have something I can bequeath to my daughter. It'll be like an heirloom of sorts and I hope someday (even when I'm gone) it would serve its purpose by having its love story told, over and over, etched and immortalized in platinum and sapphire, in the generations to come.

Besides, I'd never want to be buried in my jewelry. That's just so tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment