Sunday, March 20, 2011

SOLILOQUY

When you've made as many mistakes and have had as many mishaps (ok they were more like misadventures, really) as I have... you realize that all of the things you've been "MIS"-ing have the beautifully dialectical and paradoxical ability to show you what you truly ARE missing.

.....

I saw on TV there was this famous marriage councilor Sharon Wolfe who's been getting sh*t for her marriage failing. Apparently, she's written all these books about marriage and how to make it last and what not. When asked what she would like to tell those who've purchased her books, she simply replied that everything she wrote in those books, all the advice... are good advice.

And I believe her, you know? (But I'm not about to buy her book or anything.)

Now I dunno how that paragraph has any relation to the first paragraph but basically all I'm saying is I knew what I wanted when I got married.

Ok maybe it would be more appropriate to say that I realized it. Because I suppose I've always known what I wanted. Every girl does. At the very basic, you want to be treated like a frikkin' princess. You DON'T wanna be treated like shit. You want someone who actually makes it a point to show you that they enjoy your company. You DON'T want someone who booty calls you at 2am. You want someone who's proud to show you off and introduce you to everybody. You DON'T want someone who makes you hide in the bathroom when his mom is coming. You want someone who treats you with respect and sees you as a contemporary. You DON'T want someone who accuses you of relationship sabotage and threatens to bail out on you whenever you have a disagreement or you voice out an opinion. So for every "don't" want, there's a "do" want. Of course those "DON'Ts" didn't have to happen but they did (and strangely, while they were happening, they were somehow a good idea at the time, I don't know why)... so when all of the things I did want finally did happen, nay "happening" ...

It just became all the more clear.

                               Yes, our bands have "WAFFLE" engraved in them.

.....

And I just realized how completely outtanowhere and nonsensical that all was.

That's what happens when I literally speak my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I really love those Barbie nails.

    Sigh, been through all those Don'ts back in the days (and back in the very very recent days), and yeah, the delusional me somehow thought, okay this is what normal people do, this is how you sneak off to the bathroom, this is how you drift off into some corner now when all his friends start arriving. I just want to say sorry to the younger me for not standing up for her. And you're right - every girl knows what she wants - I guess every girl can just sometimes be a little too understanding. (Either that or iba lang talaga pag gwapo hahaha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. iba lang talaga ang guwapo. ayan ang sagot. HAHAHAHAHA! malakas ang kamandag ng guwapo.

    and you are absolutely right. i should've stood up for my younger, naive counterpart. but whenever i tried, i always seemed to regret it. i always seemed the only one hurting. the only one who lost.

    hahahahaha ANG TINDE! shet. yan dapat ang topic sa radio show namin ni roni! you can be our guest host. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. When anthony and I first met.. (after being inspired by a certain someone to live my life passionately wink wink lol) it had only been three months and we were already discussing kids.. a white picket fence, a house etc. My friends thought I was crazy for decisiding to move out of sac to the bay nearly two hours from everything and everyone I knew. I didn't hesitate to move, and we even discussed eloping in mexico (out first vacation). But when he did propose..like u I had a mental timeline in my head and I kept saying if u don't propose by so and so hahaha... aren't we good at pre-empting shit. Anyhow I didn't hesitate either. And when my friends asked me how I knew he was the one, I told them that I didn't know exactly what I wanted "the one" to be, but I had been the wrong ones for so long that I knew what I didn't want in a relationship. He was a breathe of fresh air, not like anyone I've dated in the past. I didn't have an idea of mr right, but I certainly knew what mr wrong was like :)

    ReplyDelete