Tuesday, December 20, 2011

For our 3rd year anniversary, I plan to surprise my husband with a wedding.

As of 10:10pm... it's official.

My husband and I will be getting married... again.

                                                         This was part one.



[Non-refundable] reservation. PAID.
Details. FAXED & EMAILED.
Date. SET.

*whew*

Sh*t has to go down now.

.....

On a more romantic note....

Originally, we had decided on getting married on October 26, 2012 - one day after what would be our 3rd year anniversary... because it was a Friday... and we wanted to party... guiltlessly. I even signed that date up on Bridalbook.ph the moment we became engaged. Had the countdown going and errrthang. I was ready to have me a crazy "Last Friday Night" type of Friday night for a wedding.

But wouldn't you know. As we were blocking off the date, we learn that the 26th of October in 2012... is a holiday. (Eid al-Adha)

So we'll be getting married [again] on our 3rd year anniversary after all.

.....

On another note...

I know some people are still a bit surprised with the "quickness" of our plans. People who've been in their relationships for much longer. Much "steadier" couples who choose to take their time, enjoy themselves, do what they gotta do. (Cuz god help you if you can actually enjoy anything anymore once you're married. *scratches head*)

Now I don't know if it's awestruck amazement or just sheer cynicism...

But for all of my years of experience and "wisdom" on the matter... I find that all I can say (to those who find the speedy turn of events overwhelming), simply but profoundly,

"When you know, you know... babe." (Yes, I say that with term of endearment included because I want to appear all-knowing and almost condescending like "bow down before my wisdom, peasant" hahaha)

Whatever.

Date's set. Sh*t non-refundable.

7 comments:

  1. Oh major efffff... Man oh man, Anthony just talked to his cuz in Vegas in being the best man to his wedding this oct.. 28 :/ I will have to discuss with t he hubby :( because he has known this for quite sometime.. Shoooooot

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuh-uh girl... you can fly back out after the wedding. but you two are totally coming.

    pweez pwitty pweez?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude.. i already know. I AM super annoyed about the date they set.. like out of ALL THE DATES? really. so now i will have to figure out flying from SFO or OAk to PHils, then flying to Vegas then back to SFO lol.. like sheesh really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. like really.. ive been preparing for the callanta-toledo wedding!!! im glad theres a day lag. Im actually talking to anthony now to see if the other Paolo can change the date..

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wait.. is the wedding the 25th or the 26th? im confused if its the 25th then totally doable! lol ill just go drunk to one wedding to another and recoup on the plane lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. phew! just found out its on the 21st! so we can do his wedding and fly out right after and spend some time in the philippines! whoot whoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHAHA I love how you were able to monologue and work that out all on your own! =) so yeah, the wedding is on October 25, 6pm. That's a Thursday, babe. =)

    You have enough time to recuperate from Vegas and jetlag. =P

    ReplyDelete