Sunday, December 18, 2011

#2011regrets

Though my poor heart still aches at missing my chance at copping one (or two even had I not been a lazy ass)...

                        You are worth more than all the iPhone 4s's in the whole wide world.

Of course...

It's the alcohol's fault. *smacks forehead*

Reminder for 2012:

***Will not miss a single tech event I'm invited to no matter how small or seemingly insignificant and hassling. Even if it's held at that gosh-forsaken Resorts World and I have to miss a lot of other parties and deprive people of my awesome presence. Lucrative work opportunites will have to take precedent over random drinking sessions. (Sorry Waffle, it's nothing personal.)

I've never had a reason to dislike drinking... even when I was super drunk and I was super hurting... until now. (But I know I won't dislike it for too long. Just need to learn to prioritize better.)

....

But on a side note...

One of my more active (and smarter) colleagues copped himself one... and though my envy had turned more into a bitter nonchalance after a few minutes of self-loathing, I was touched to hear that he would be giving it to his sister who is with child. I think that's real sweet. And in a way... God gives those who deserve it... or need it most. Of course, my boss got one too. She was the one who told me of my misfortune... and almost completely ruined my day. Then again, I guess she needs one more than I do. Besides... I'm not really want of anything anyway... except for a parking slot at my condo. Maybe our bldg can give away free parking slots.

I'm the best sour-graper ever.


....

Oh and if ever I'm coming off like some tasteless and tacky materialistic b*tch with this what with the Sendong victims (and all the other victims of this world and the ones much closer to home, the ones you see just outside your car when you're stuck in traffic but ignore) ---- I'm sorry. I'm human and I'm petty. And I'm not afraid to own up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment