Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Android

Upon overhearing a conversation between Chad (art director) and Francis (online editor) about whether to purchase a post-paid plan with a free Blackberry Curve or to simply buy a Blackberry Bold (minus the plan), I ask:

Michelle: So... what's an android?
Francis: (quizzical "are you serious" type look)
Michelle: Is it a robot?
Chad: (laughing) Ang cute mo!
Francis: Uhh, it's an operating system where you can put a lot of applications and other cool stuff.
Michelle: Like what?
Francis: Like games.
Michelle: Oh. So it's an operating system. I wanted a real android. Like... the robot.
(Then Francis gives me one of those "Aha! I have something awesome to show you" type looks and gets his iPhone 4.)
Francis: I have an application where when it hears a song, it can tell you the title. And. It shows you the lyrics. It's called "sound hound." (with matching triumphant goofy grin on his face)
Michelle: Ok so let's see. If I sing a song, it can guess the title and the lyrics? Let's try it.
(Francis turns it on and puts the phone near my mouth.)
Michelle: (in crummy, half-assed singing tone) "A few... stolen moments (half-laughs)... is all that we share. You've got your family and they need you there. Though I try to resist being last on your list..."
(The app stops listening and starts loading)
Michelle: I swear, if this f*cking thing guesses my song...
(On the screen: Saving All My Love For You... with lyrics)
Michelle and Chad (in unison): Whooooooooaaaaaaaa!!!
Michelle: Holy sh*t!

.....

Michelle: That is probably the most useless and most entertaining app ever.

On second thought, Team Slizzles might find this app useful in the next Music Trivia Night. *evil grin*

.....

Ok seriously, I didn't know what the android was until I asked. Hell, I never really cared about smartphones anyway. I'm happy with my sturdy N82, my mobile movies, pictures... and my perfect excuse to not push, receive, send any sort of work email when I'm out of the office.

(I'm such a neanderthal.)

6 comments:

  1. Android is awesome... its the iphone killer here lol..seriously tho.. I gotta endorse it cause verizon was the first to launch that os here .. but seems like we finally made a deal with steve jobs and got the ipad and lau nching lte next year... anyways, its how I keep up with all this social networking crap :) with my motorola droid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and once you download angry birds... (the most ridiculous pointless game ever) there's no turning back

    ReplyDelete
  3. BWAHAHAHAHA! My two colleagues here have it on their phones!!! hahaha!!! "nagtitirahan" sila. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't say i can share in your enthusiasm because i have no idea what you are talking about. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! let's just get drunk and party man! hahahaha!!!

    i still think an android robot is awesomer. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEAR HEAR!!! NO TO SMARTPHONES!

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm an entry-level/mid-level call/text/(and ok, a good camera feature would be nice) kind of girl.

    and a multi-tasker. qwerty will kill any chance of me achieving that. =P

    ReplyDelete