Friday, October 22, 2010

RAY OF LIGHT

It's different when it happens to you. It's nothing like the stories you hear, or the news you watch. I mean, empathy can only take you so far emotionally. But to have something like that to actually "charge" to experience? It's life-changing.

....

In the police report, the police called me a "victim." Ugh. How pathetic. The label is so demoralizing and it's just so... gross. Like I have no choice in the matter on how I should deal. Like I am too helpless to even do it. My girl Danee said the politically correct term should be "survivor."

Yeah. To survive a normally traumatic experience.

Whatever doesn't kill you, right? (Stronger, yes... though Jessica Zafra did say it could also make you more cynical.)

I don't wanna go through life looking at everyone as if they were potential burglars or rapists. Hell, I don't even wanna think that only less fortunate people are capable of doing awful things (our politicians are a GREAT example of THAT). Just because I live beside squatters and tricycle drivers, I don't wanna think they aren't capable of human kindness or that they have none to give. That's no way to live a life. You can be robbed of material possessions. But they shouldn't rob of you of seeing the good in people.

I just don't like that I feel like I can't move around in my own home. The locks, the cadet in our living room, all the precautions I have to remember... it's suffocating.

But Psyche? She is a breath of fresh air. And she doesn't care that our tv was missing.

Besides, she and I have other plans aside from watching tv.

This Sunday, she and I have a tea party to host. Dora, her teddybear Beebeela, and Barney will be there.

<---- Psyche Sandwich. =)




<------ Taken this morning by Psyche. Pao ready for work... me, procrastinating. =)

I missed these two so much.








.....

Thank you to all the people who extended their empathy and support. It's funny that I'm saying that ---- I mean, everyone has their own shit to deal with. But it really does make a huge difference. So thank you. And to those who were offering us a place to stay... company... even financial assistance, thank you thank you thank you. =) Y'all are awesome and hilarious! We weren't hit by a typhoon or anything. We didn't lose our home or our jobs. But thank you anyway. It's a beautiful ray of light amidst the shadow. And just helluh funny. =P

3 comments:

  1. i survived when a my whole bag full of things like cellphone, wallet, clothes etc. was stolen inside a manila bound bus (from lb), i survived when just last year my car was stolen outside our house and recently i survived when a thief stole my side mirrors outside our office. unfortunately for him, we have cctv camera and he got caught. im a perennial survivor (victim).hehe what happened sister?

    ReplyDelete