Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life's little surprises.

Finding a Hallmark card in your bag from your better half...
Seeing your child waking up with a smile to your soft "i love yous"...
Contributing something awesome to the efficiency of your work (and earning brownie points from the boss)...
Looking into your passbook and finding a significant amount of money you forgot you had stashed in there...

.....

May you find... nay, RECOGNIZE many delightful surprises today (as I did... and it's not even lunchtime yet. =)

(PS. Thank you for the card, Waffle. I was just gonna get some eyedrops in my bag this morning when I saw it. And the funny thing is (disturbed as I am) I never really think the card is for me or that I deserve it. Even seeing my name on the envelope is bewildering. So thank you. It's a lovely card. And yes, I too, love you without reservation. =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. And this just in. As I was about to go to the bank and grab some lunch... I remembered that I still had the "baon" Pao made me yesterday in the refrigerator! (I was so busy taking care of Psyche here at the office, I forgot all about it!)

    Tuna melt, scrambled eggs, and brown rice.

    Now THAT'S a surprise! =)

    (God? Please let me find many more nice surprises in the days, months, years to come... and to appreciate them like a child appreciates hot chicken soup when they're sick and icecream after they've had their tonsils removed... with utter depth and sheer gratitude. Amen.)

    ReplyDelete