Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On Letting Go.

(Ok that title is just so OUT THERE but yeah, I couldn't think of a more clever one and sometimes, crude is more efficient.)

.....

Been reading The Zahir (it's inescapable; the book is placed just above the medicine cabinet right beside Paolo's bathroom book, The Picture of Dorian Gray)... I usually stop after every chapter so I don't forget where I left off.

I'm on the chapter of epiphanies... that part in every book that's supposed to open your eyes and stuff to new philosophies.

Those previous quotes about a conversation with a nomad... it mentioned something about repeating your old story until it is no longer important to you. And I think that it actually works (through this whole blogging thing and those times I've gotten drunk enough to share my life story) though before, I used to just repeat my "personal history" for the sake of novelty... if not only for that... until everything I remembered enough to reiterate, good or bad, became...

Funny.

Like inside joke funny-haha type funny.

Like it wasn't even me or about me.

Ergo for those who have a hard time letting go of their personal histories...


That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don’t expect to get anything back, don’t expect recognition for your efforts; don’t expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are.


Ugh. Doesn't that just go straight to the core? Especially that part, "whatever it is no longer fits in your life."

Yeah.

I should stop expecting my love to be understood, too... and just... LOVE. (And not the way I thought I knew how ---- because that way obviously did NOT work.)

I should just become who I really am...

.....
.....

Awesome.

4 comments: