Thursday, September 2, 2010

GIFT IDEAS FOR RECESSIONISTS.

Ok. I will not f*cking deny it.

I am a certified RE-gifter. Seriously. It's not even funny. I am exactly the type who accumulates gifts and goodies for the entire year (and maintains them in their pristine, untouched conditions) just so I can give em away for...

Christmas.

It's coming up y'all.

And so I decided to rewrite my Christmas gift-giving master list for the 80th time today (had to make sure I was still within budget)... wrote it in my HP planner (an obvious freebie from HP but a lovely company planner nonetheless)... and I began to write the things I had already bought and the things I still needed to buy for other people along with their corresponding estimated prices... add it all up and hope that I've saved just enough money so that if ever no one gets me anything from my wishlist for Christmas... at least, I'd have enough money left over TO GET THE THINGS I WANT MY GODDAMN SELF. =)

Pao and I thought of getting a digital photo frame for my dad this Christmas... after my crazy beautiful mother decided to "store" all of our family photos where no one could see them. (It seems only pictures of her, my older sister and her husband, and my daughter remain, hahaha!) I guess the rest of us haven't been good this year. =P

So as I was writing my list, I ask my girl Danee how much a digital photo frame is at CD-R King.

AND I WAS JUST ASKING WHEN SHE GOES...

"Oh here you can have mine, it's just here in my drawer. I got it from Globe. I've never used it."

It was frikkin' hilarious... like "Danee. Who the hell keeps digital photo frames in their drawers?"

I thought it was awesome. That was when I decided to tell her, "Hey you know that tea I gave you for your birthday? (as it is her birthday today and she got the gift yesterday) That tea was given to me by the Zen Asia peeps after I reviewed their spa. HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"And that HBO knapsack I gave Ben (our art director) the other day for his birthday? I totally didn't know there were still goodies inside it like a t-shirt, flashlight, and adaptor! I just gave him the shirt. I didn't even check if the bag had anything in it. And I got that bag a few months ago."

Because furrealz, if you go to my house, you'll see how I was able to save so much stuff... moleskine notebooks, travel knapsacks, perfumes, watches, makeup... even Christmas boxes and ribbons... All of which will be given away to those who need em. But on a special occasion, of course. =)

This prompted us to google on "regifting etiquette."

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/Advice/12RulesForRegiftingWithoutFear.aspx

But I honestly don't mind getting a re-gifted bath soap set, I'm totally all for that. =P

And I just remembered... I might regift a barbie learning laptop my daughter got from one of my daddy's political clients for her birthday. HAHAHAHAHA!!! And she'll totally love me for it! LMFAO!!!!

I'm so tacky, it's gross, I know. =P

(But at least... I'll have enough money to spend... ON MYSELF!! Ha!)

So I'd like to encourage everyone to give "re-gifting" a chance this holiday season. I mean, it's like recycling... and we all gotta start "going green" and saving resources, that type shit.

Re-gifts are the way to go. =P

(And if anyone has a pair of size 28 *ahem* vintage distressed levi's... and wants to re-gift them to me... PLEASE. DO. I will totally love you forever. =)

2 comments:

  1. Kakacelebrate ko lang ng 18th birthday ko last feb this year. Inisip ko rin magre-gift ng mga regalong hindi ko naman magagamit or gusto, kaso I was worried baka kasi mairegalo ko un sa mga mga nagbigay din sakin HAHAHA wrong move kasi tinaggal ko ung mga cards na may mga pangalan ng mga nagbigay grrrr =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no yun lang... hmmm... basta yung mga sigurado... i-regift na yan. =P kami nga, yung mga nakabalot dati na di napamigay, iri-regift nalang namin ulit... even though we forgot what's inside em, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete