Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random semi-wisdom of the day

Just some random thoughts before I head out to Parokya's album launch. (Didn't know they had an album coming out. =)

1.) Ok yesterday was a sad day. But nothing that a little rhum+lime couldn't suppress... whilst watching "Poetic Justice" with the only other person who could ever enjoy it as much as me, my fiance.

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

There are some millionaires
With money they can't use
Their wives run round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They've got expensive doctors
To cure their hearts of stone.
But nobody
No, nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Now if you listen closely
I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can hear the moan,
'Cause nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.


2.) Saw the movie Lovely Bones the other day... and it got me thinking about death and death anniversaries and how it's an oxymoron to celebrate someone's death... it just makes people sad, really and how the movie made me realize (sorry if this kinda spoils it) that maybe Mark (or anyone else who's left us) doesn't give a shit about us celebrating their death with mass and stuff. I mean, they're in heaven, chillin'.

3.) And how come all of the guys who seemingly have "gotten away" back in the day grow up to be all... I dunno... fat. and ugly? (Right, Mika??? HAHAHAHA!) Now look, he's serving you your hotel room key after he never called you back. =P

4.) I think everyone should marry the one person they know they will enjoy kissing for the rest of their lives.Like... that should be the gauge. I mean... I know that they say you should find someone you can converse with as you grow old... to find your bestfriend because as y'all get older, you'll become more like friends rather than lovers. But I figured (after making out with my better half) that I wouldn't want him to JUST be my friend. I mean, anyone can be your friend. But if we get too old and decrepit to have sex... I think he and I could at least make out every once in a while... then just go back to rocking in our chairs and talking about how freaky we were back in the day. =P

5.) Ain't nothin' wrong with tough love. Look at my daughter. I wore her down. Now she wears me down by showing me the kind of sweetness I never really gave her. And I'm sorry I don't know any nursery rhymes. But now she can sing "Lean On Me".... and that, I think, is a better message than any other kiddie song.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahaha.. :) exactly. the playa got played!

    Lean on me? :) aaaaw im glad her songs are getting better, i thought they were only getting raunchier.... these kesha songs. seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen on everything especially the one on marrying someone you'd love to kiss forever. Surely, conversations are fun and sustainable but one is never too old for holding hands and kissing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha, man that must've been a trip seeing him like that. =p

    wait, i'm gonna upload this song psyche made up entitled "mommy's song" --- seriously, it's 2mins worth of sh*t she just made up. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. kissing is totally underrated these days. holding hands, especially. (i even have this little rule --- which i enforced early on in our relationship --- that before he can let go of my hand for anything, whether it's to hold the steering wheel properly or scratch his nose, he has to squeeze it first... =)

    ReplyDelete