Monday, July 26, 2010

The Yellow Umbrella

The rain always used to make me cry.

True story.

The sadness is heightened and I find myself crying for one reason or another... or none at all.

***My high-school teacher once caught me crying in the rain. ---I think it was because a senior I liked didn't like me back because I was only a freshman (hahaha. yuck. =)--- She suggested I ate icecream whenever it rained... because she figured icecream made me happy.




                But now, every time it rains... I have something to be peacefully happy about.

......
......

It's been 9 months yesterday since Paolo and I became a couple. But 9 months and 23 days since we first kissed in the rain, under a yellow umbrella.

9 Months Ago...On wet red cobblestones their steps were echoed like silent moments in their hearts as heaven’s tears carefully trickled down their beaten path, washing away the grime from the cracks of which they came. Glowing saints adorned the night ceiling and pointed not to their destination but instead, illuminated their chance. And while the serenade in their eyes was mocked by cheap horns and catcalls, the sound of water on asphalt became their chorus. Without looking back or knowing where each step would bring them, they hid behind a curtain of dancing diamonds. This was the beginning of their journey. And it started without past or period. Just a moment. And an umbrella. (Taken from the exquisitely-executed pop-up card he made me. =)


***But seriously... he totally made-out with me that night. Hahahahaha! Like passion-fueled sweet fruit laced with honey-dipped surrender. Where thunder raced with lightning and won because I swear I heard a boom first before I saw the light.

A man-made big bang. =)



And a glimpse of future days...


























<--------------------------- Prelude to a kiss. (I love how this picture is a constant reminder that love... and chance... and the beginning of "a very long time"... doesn't need preparation or pre-meditation. =)

We. Just. Happened. You just have to "Dreamsome."

7 comments:

  1. Sigh. Can I please photograph you two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, why not? I always wanted to (re)create that night. Me in my university hoodie and gym shorts, him in his Zara jacket and Levi's... that yellow umbrella. 2am. West ave. A typhoon.

    I need a photographer willing to work under these conditions. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. October 3, 2010. =)

    Will you be here by then? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. frikkin' finally! =)

    so... lemme know when this shoot will happen, hahaha! we have a lot of places where we can shoot: attica on aug. 25 where I first met him or hooters where he and i had our first date as an official couple (I wore my pink taffeta dress that evening =). we dated at kowloon, too. jay-j's. pier one. typical QC kids. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love In The Time of Pepeng production, here we come!

    ReplyDelete