Wednesday, July 28, 2010

HOW THE KAMA SUTRA WILL SAVE THE WORLD.







“I used to smoke two packs a day and I just hate being a nonsmoker... but I will never consider myself a nonsmoker because I always find smokers the most interesting people at the table.”


~ Michelle Pfeiffer










......
......

Paolo and I attended this last week.


We were the only couple there. At least, the only couple paying any real attention to what Guru Aji Sebastian had to say about the Kama Sutra.

We thought it was something we could learn together... as a couple, ya know? (And no, not just the sexual positions... as if we haven't already "encountered" them in a previous life. *ahem*)

But seriously.

We felt like college students again.





He wasn't really taking down notes. Not like I was.

He thought he could photocopy my notes. (Hahahaha! NOT.)


 








I was reading the hand-out. And after all this time, the subject still makes me blush. =P







Basically, what "I" understood from the entire workshop is this:

(In my own words and a couple of beers later)

"The Kama Sutra, in a matter of speaking, is a tool to enhance/promote sexual union - with the purpose of childbirth - then to further hone/practice/develop for the purpose of enriching the family."

"It is a science that systematically and logically teaches the pleasure principle --- the goal being to perfect the sexual union between man and woman to achieve harmony which will emanate outwardly."

*cue crickets*

Uhm... yeah.

Maybe I could've said that more eloquently.

But on the real, the Kama Sutra is some kind of a hardcore philosophical TRUTH we all should be practicing. And it's not just the SEX. It's everything. It's love and the discipline that comes with expressing that love. It's achieving "salvation through sex." And in order to do that, you have to have a "full awareness" --- not just of yourself, but of your partner and your surroundings and the ACT of love and loving. Like meditation, one should be fully aware of the sexual union... what it actually means, what it can achieve... not just how it feels.

***Can I get an amen up in this?

......
......

On a less philosophical note...

My sister Mika and I have scrapped our previous vacation getaway options because...

a.) Mika couldn't fix her Spain visa on time
b.) Weather is bad in Brazil during August
c.) It's RAMA-frikkin'-DAN in Morocco (that means, no alkie, no club, no fun) so WHAT'S THE POINT.

(Shoot, I'm not out to spend crazy money just to take pics beside some old buildings I don't even know anything about... or care to know anything about. Homegirl wants some REAL culture. Something I could do to put my sociology degree to good use. Like in the club. Or... in the middle of a street party. =)

d.) Maldives would've been a great vacation spot... IF MIKA AND I WERE LOVERS. Hahaha!
e.) Anywhere in the Caribbean would've been too far... but maybe Pao and I can go after the wedding. Hahaha! I'ma pre-empt that sh*t.

So....

It looks like it's either Bali, Indonesia or Phuket, Thailand. (But not before I cause a ruckus on over at Dubai. And I say, "F*ck Ramadan." The only thing I'm fasting on is PORK. And maybe rice.

No offense on the occasion, though. I think we all need to cleanse one way or another.

But honestly, it doesn't matter where we go. Mika's an awesome companion to be with... mainly because she's helluh rich and doesn't mind spending on my stingy ass, hahaha! And of course, she's a loot bag of fun. A very worldly woman she's grown up to be. Even if she smokes those whack-ass electric ciggies now. =P


                                          Mika and me (aged 2 and 4, I think)

                                                  Mika and me (last year)


........
........

Cooking chicken.

                                               Chef Psyche. What a ham.

...............
...............

If you haven't already, download and watch THE PROFESSIONAL with Jean Reno and helluh young Natalie Portman.

I gotta get back to proofreading now.

4 comments:

  1. hey!! it's the CSI threesome este, trilogy later at 9PM!!! lesgo!!!!

    then... kama sutra hits afterwards. *licks lips* i wanna become "fully aware" with you. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, we should put up a local Kama Sutra School for the Sexually-challenged. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete