Sunday, July 11, 2010

IF I WAS A RICH GIRL...

Paradoxically enough...

I want to be rich... so that I may live in seclusion.

Or at least... semi-seclusion.

Where the technology is circa early 90s with the exception of the DVD player.

No mobile phones, internet, and twitters.. and people's history and dirty laundry just a mere URL away.

(Once upon a time, people's stories and pasts were kept in frikkin' papyrus or in scrolls hidden away by tons upon tons of rock.)

Imagine that.

Now... they're f*cking everywhere and either people are too lazy to delete em or some site wants all the rights to em.

*big sigh*

I just want a house by the beach (and I never used to want to live by the beach but city-living, I have come to accept, unfortunately forces you to live by modern means and standards)... and the only problem that grazes my pretty little head is what exciting recipe to cook for dinner and what's on HBO.

I would ask for my family's blessing and I would tell them that I love them and to visit me occasionally, or I would visit them occasionally and that I hope they live happily and peacefully and meet people worth meeting and make memories worth remembering.

I would want that if I were rich. I think the only real reason rich people have problems is because they want to be seen with their money and they feel like they have to continue working to make more money. Now if they just took their money, lived simply but comfortably and went away...

Think of all the buddha-like good that would do.

Ergo.

I want a semi pseudo-low maintenance life... at a rather high-maintenance cost.

Seclusion. Alienation.

This world is corrupt anyway... and it corrupts f*cking absolutely. (Like how I want something really weird for my birthday but I'm not gonna say what, only it's not very nice and I think this want is a by-product of the aforementioned corruptness of this world)

*sigh*


......


AND NO, I DON'T HAVE BBM.

And if you REALLY think about it... people with more access to each other's lives, don't really do much to enrich it. Long-distance relationships... ala The Postman... where two lovers held onto words written on letters, received months at a time... as opposed to 10second voice recordings and Skype and tweets and comments on status msgs. I. don't. know. I don't get it. How we can progress technologically and regress culturally.

The same way I don't get him having been remotely interested in something. like. THAT.

*shudders*

I feel terrible now.

.......

And the appropriate song for such an entry (my boyfriend, who surprisingly introduced it to me):

I don't have to leave anymore
What I have is right here
Spend my nights and days before
Searching the world for what's right here

Underneath and unexplored
Islands and cities I have looked
Here I saw
Something I couldn't over look

I am yours now
So now I don't ever have to leave
I've been found out
So now I'll never explore

See what I've done
That bridge is on fire
Going back to where I've been
I'm froze by desire
No need to leave

Where would I be
IF this were to go under
It's a risk I'd take
I'm froze by desire
As if a choice I'd make

I am yours now
So now I don't ever have to leave
I've been found out
So now I'll never explore

4 comments:

  1. Unless we have something creative/witty and/or cryptic/rumor-mill-fostering thing to say in 140 letters.

    I so hear you on this.

    Someone commented on my everyday pictures on Facebook the other day asking me if may "entrance" ba daw sa Waikiki, what the effing hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! like... saGuijo... or disneyland. hahahaha!!!

    how do you answer that???!!! =P

    ReplyDelete