Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FACEBOOK your FACE

I think Facebook is the funniest thing on earth.

Seriously.

(My sister, Paula sent me this photo because it reminded her of me and it made her laugh.)

....

So last Sunday, during the post-wedding/baby shower party of Mrs. Julie Tan (owner of Club Bureau and beautiful mom-to-be), our friends began to tease my youngest sister about her ever-changing relationship status on FB, after a friend asked if she really was engaged.

Yeah. Engaged IN HER HEAD. Like me. But whatever, right? A girl can hope.

Anyway, one of our friends made the funniest scenario regarding the whole thing (and I'm sorry Prince and Roni, I love you both to reese's pieces, but your FB drama is absolutely hilarious. The both of you are TRUE THESPIANS. =)

So our friend goes:
"Girl you change your status every week." (Where she quickly rebuts that she doesn't change her status, she just removes it)

"So what do you do, you get into a fight and start screaming on the phone 'I hate you!!!,' put down the phone then (whilst moving the mouse) *click*, [not engaged]. But then he gives you something like some sort of gift and (in girly voice) goes 'Oh my God, it's the new T.I. album,' so you *click* [engaged]."

(It was funnier seeing Nick reenact it furrealz. =)

The thought of it actually happening cracks me up. (And I bet a lot of you are guilty of that, too so don't even front. =)

Shoot if I had a Facebook, I'd probably do something like that. Haha! (Ok no I wouldn't but whatevs.)

....

Another friend of mine got engaged recently. He said so on his FB. And In came the influx of "congratulations" and "best wishes." I just don't know why he couldn't tell me personally.

*shrugs*

My boss then tells me that one of my colleagues "unfriended her." I mean, who unfriends their boss, right? But she was so adorable when she said it... like it really means something to be someone's friend on FB.

So I ran around the office screaming, "If you're not my friend on Facebook, you're not my friend in real life!!!!" while laughing my ass off.

Sheesh.

Then I go out later that evening and chance upon a quid pro quo amongst two friends (I assumed they were friends as their chat was lighthearted and comfortable). The guy asked her if she had already added him on Facebook and she said no and he was like why??? and she was like oh my gosh!!!... and I began to laugh out loud.

And meekly, I ask, "Uhm, why are you so affected that you're not her Facebook friend? I mean... isn't she your friend now? ....???.... I don't understand."

They began to laugh... perhaps at realizing how stupid it is. And I think... a lot of people on Facebook think that it actually IS stupid. And that it's the devil. But even though it's stupid and evil... people still find it addicting.

.....

My friends let me, on the rare occasions I wanna stalk someone, use their Facebook accounts. (Because humans are naturally curious and inquisitive beings, ok? So sue me.) Sometimes it's fun. It's fun to hate. It's fun to see how your childhood crush, the guy who broke your heart now has a receding hairline and is with some ugly-ass chick. It's fun to see the girls who teased you get uglier with every picture while you remain supa dupa fly. Hell, it's fun to make fun of people's dumb-ass photo captions --- like really? I haven't used "chillax" since '98, I don't see how that word came back into style. It's like saying "syke" or "word to your mother" --- but both being utterly cooler than "chillax."

***I've been drinking way too much hatorade lately, so pardon-y mwah.

But then you see something you'd rather wish you didn't see... something someone said... a photo (goddamn photos)... a greeting... a status message. And when that happens, it can really send you reeling into this horrible neurotic state of depression. And anger.

That's when you wanna just shut that sh*t right off. (Usually immediately right after you bust out into this whole I HATE FACEBOOK rant and wish you were a nomad who lived in Tibet. *ahem*)

And that's when I remember why I don't want a Facebook in the first place.

.....

I don't think people really like talking to me because they can't talk to me on Facebook.

Which kinda sucks since I'm a pretty awesome coffee-date.

But y'all will never know that.


.....

And for Chrissake, if you don't like my talking about Facebook because it affects you then STOP READING MY BLOGS. Better yet, stop airing your dirty laundry.

Bato bato sa langit, (insert expletive derogatory noun here).

8 comments:

  1. you never fail to amuse me with your entries. gawan kitang fan page sa facebook.hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    even my friends would threaten to create me an account and they'd be the administrators. =P y'all are terrible, hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, your blogs are gold. Your'e 100% right though..

    I think it's a case of once you have something, would you give it up?

    Like you say, you go online sometimes to "facestalk" and it gives you fun, enjoyment, a certain degree of power and sometimes sadness & anger.

    So you are a smart girl and ration yourself.

    Me? I have come to depend on facebook a bit. All my mates are on it, I try and keep my friends low so I can see people online that I actually give a shit about and it's ... well it's Facebook!

    On the other hand there have been times where I have thought..."Ben... delete the account". But to me and so many others, saying that is like telling Frodo to get rid of the fucking ring!

    Anyway, you should get on facebook, your'e shit at writing postcards ;P

    See you in April ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, YEAH. This is taking a while to catch on with the rest of the population.

    CHILLAX- oh Lord. Oh Twilight New Moon Lord. How the F did they use it? Like, is there a photo of them in Starbucks with the caption "Just chillaxing"? Hahaha! You know it's homegrown when there's a "just" in every caption! Hahahahaha!

    P.S. Hatorade is pretty refreshing. I have secret stashes of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha oh yeah the whole "blocking" thing!!! hilarious. =P

    awww i love you too! shiiiiiiiit, i'm so much more interesting in real life! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. (i think it was used as "chillaxation" hahahahahaha!!!)

    I am a douche. Seriously. AND LOL!!! on the photo of them in Starbucks. (uhm no love, it wasn't at a starbucks and there wasn't a "just"... but it was still just as lame. =)

    P.S. I keep my hatorade in a flask in my drawer and take occasional sips of it while i'm at the office using the internet. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. true story. someone introduced himself to me at an inuman and then asked for my name. (i forget his.) so i said "Camoi." and he goes, "Ah really? May kaibigan akong Camoi. Singer sha e. Nakilala ko sha sa facebook."

    and prior to that actual moment i've never met him ever in my entire life.

    HAHAHAHAHA NATAWA NA LANG TALAGA AKO ANG GANDA ANG GULO NG MGA TAO

    ReplyDelete
  8. was it THAT long ago that people had to actually MEET or correspond before becoming "friends"???????

    hehehe, yun pala master status mo eh: camoi DA singer. =P

    ReplyDelete