Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 99 - A picture that was first on your [Multiply]


So I learned I was pregnant November 6, 2006, right?

Would you believe me if I told you that I KNEW I was pregnant with a girl November 18, 2006?

That would be impossible since you can't determine gender until the 4th month.

I had taken a picture of this butterfly/moth [same diff] November 18, 2006, 1:44pm. It had flown inside my room via a small hole on the screen on the corner of the window and latched itself onto the bathroom door. At first I thought it was a toy magnet of sorts. (Obviously, I had my cameraphone in my hand so I took a picture). But then when I tried to touch it, it began to move. Not fly. Just sort of crawl around on the door. I guess when it KNEW I realized it was real, it began to fly around me and then right back out the hole in the window.

Now I always knew I would name my first girl "Psyche" --- my "soul." Psyche, Goddess of the Soul, represented by a butterfly. But in this case, it was not just any butterfly. It was a yellow butterfly. Yellow. My favorite color.

3 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful Michelle. :)

    And every time I see a yellow umbrella, I think of you and Pao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a yellow umbrella wasn't it??? Of all the umbrellas in all the colors, it HAD to be yellow.

    It's all so freaky really. When I was young, and I was asked what my favorite color was, I would always say yellow. Just because. I think I used to reason it was because yellow meant hope and light and I liked what it represented. But I never WORE yellow, or even reached for it in my box of 124 crayons save to color the sun and the middle part of the flowers, hahaha cuz pollen is yellow ya know? (I liked MAGENTA... if only for its name). I'm not really sure if I like yellow as a color.

    Maybe I should wear a yellow wedding dress. =) Yeah. I'll look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that would be so pretty for a morning/afternoon wedding! =) but alas, pao and i love the nightlife... we love to boogie, hahaha. ergo, the starry starry night theme is a go... and the yellow can be the stars.

    *cue Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and all the things that you do*

    ReplyDelete