Sunday, October 16, 2011

Because 90% of being a [parent] is just showing up.

While shopping for groceries...

Psyche: (outtanowhere) Mommy, you're the best.
Me: Awww (in surprised and quizzical tone as I was reaching for the laundry soap) that's so sweet, thanks.
Psyche: (insistently... as if she knew I didn't quite believe her the first time) You're the best mommy.
Me: (as we head on over to the junkfood aisle) Awww, why do you think I'm the best?
Psyche: (in matter-of-fact tone) Because you go to the office... and then you come home. And after you go to the gym... you come home.

I let her grab a bag of Piattos and a Moo chocolate drink after that.


3 comments:

  1. haaaaaaaaay. i honestly don't think i can get sick of her saying that to me... even when she's 28 and married. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you come home. :) What a beautiful, beautiful child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love you mommy"
    "Why?"
    "Because YOU'RE HERE!!! WITH ME!!!!"

    She said I can live with her in Cupid's house. Hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete