Wednesday, April 6, 2011

COME AND GET YOUR LOVE

I would just like to dedicate today's entry to those who helped me during a semi-crisis ---- very kind, selfless strangers, not want of anything but to help a poor girl in need.

Thank you and love love love:

To Mr. Benedict Flores (and the guard guarding his house) for finding and returning the IDs that were stolen along with my wallet and purse last Saturday at B-Side. The contents of my wallet (minus money and inactive ATM card) were kept in a small, white plastic bag and thrown away. Mr. Flores lives in Tomas Morato, y'all. He even called my health card so he could get in touch with me. That's wild. I don't know a lot of people who would even take the time to call me anymore. So thank you to un-lazy people with crazy investigative skills. (And mad thanks also to that other person who also found and returned by stolen wallet and IDs last year.)

It's happened twice and both times, I've gotten my IDs back --- license, SSS, medical card, SM Advantage card (hell. yes.)... even my Stand Out salon loyalty card. =P The last thieving f*cker though threw away all my wallet pictures and put em in that plastic bag EXCEPT THE ONE WITH ME AND MY SISTERS WITH OUR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS. (Yeah, I bet he's totally jacking off to it, the f*cknut).

But I consider myself EXTREMELY LUCKY despite the circumstances.

And of course, love to the guys over at Petron Quezon Avenue for crossing the street and pushing my car to the gas station as I waited for our family driver to come over and help me. (Yesterday, a screw from the clutch of my car came right off as I was about to make a yoo-wee on Quezon Ave. Now I don't get why people honk at those with car trouble??? Like, can't they see the frikkin' hazard? Inconsiderate f*ckers stressing me out.)

So to those selfless souls, thank you.

I still believe in the kindness of strangers... and the beauty this world remains to offer. Even if it's a small act. I'm deeply grateful.

On that note, here's a throwback to sum up all this love: (Was watching The Postman yesterday on HBO ----- awesome movie, y'all. Just goes to show that there really is so much power in hand-written letters).


This version was done in the movie:





This version was the one that reminded me why it sounded so familiar:



Come and get your love, everybody. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment