Monday, December 13, 2010

I should be a wedding planner for those on a budget.

I don't know when it was exactly but I'm pretty sure I've been "engaged" for quite some time now. =P

And personally, for all of the anticipation and hype, I don't exactly mind, save for whenever people ask me where my ring is or how my "fiance" proposed (as what Tim Tayag did during the Honda Xmas party where I was forced to answer "Actually, he hasn't. But hypothetically, we're engaged. Like... in my head.") That's not really all that bad considering my faith has made it so real to me that a proposal just seems more like a formality rather than one of those things you dream about as a little girl.

Of course I've fantasized about possible proposals back in my youth --- driving along EDSA in the middle of traffic then seeing a "Will You Marry Me" sign flashing on one of those LED screens, that type corny shit. =) I just didn't think I'd end up so pragmatic the older I got. I mean, when you've been with someone you're sure you want to marry, you do have a tendency to talk about it. And I talk a lot. Hell, I plan a lot. So when people ask about our wedding plans and "his" proposal, they kinda look at me funny for knowing so much about it, having met with the jeweler and discussing ring designs and all that good stuff (save for when and how he will ACTUALLY propose) instead of being a blissfully ignorant pseudo bride-to-be.

I just say, "Well, I'm getting married, too so I should at least have some sort of say in what I want in a proposal." =)

I'm a dick that way, I guess.

But seriously, people have been looking at my hands, it's hilarious. =)

And I gotta start writing plans for things I wanna do before the actual wedding because like all plans... they will cost money to realize.

***Oh fuck I just found out my headlights have been on the whole night lastnight up to now. Shoot. (Anyone wanna give me HID-effect headlights for Christmas? =)

Anyhow...

I wanna go to Bale Dutung in Pampanga with my sisters and friends, for one.

http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2007/12/claude-tayags-b.html

Then I gotta find a place that will let Chef Nino Laus (with the help of my yayas, hahaha) cook for our wedding reception (as some wedding venues already come with their own caterers) and I'm cost-cutting here.

Oh and I gotta buy an HD video camera to start documenting me and Pao's actual pre-nuptial video. (And no, I don't want to have to pay six-figures for a 2-minute prenup video all for the sake of showcasing "art" and ultimately, your own personal spending power.) I mean, aren't pre-nup videos supposed to be JUST THAT --- a documentation of your lives together PRIOR to your nuptials?

I'm sure actual couples don't actually make out in rotating sports cars on the regular.

*shrugs*

....

So far, that's all I've come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment