Friday, December 31, 2010

Design of a Decade

It was only 10years ago when we all thought it was the end of the world and my grandmother would ramble about Y2K being Yahweh To the Kingdom or something like that and then when the power didn't die come 12:01 and reset us back to the stone ages, I decided to hit up a crazy rave party to celebrate another year of life, love... and electricity.

I was seventeen then and singing my anthems...

"Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me..." during a most Broken Social Scene.

What can I say about 2010 except it was the year I REALIZED the dream.

(I think my blogs can attest to that... sort of. Maybe I'm tooting my own horn. Whatever. It's New Year's Eve. I wanna make noise. =)

And finally admitted to myself that I truly am LOVE's BIGGEST FAN.

......

I suppose otherwise it would've been like any other year save for the lesser amount of alcohol and food consumption, drama and... yeah. Drama. Less being the operative term. =)

Here's to more love (but you know what y'all? Hate whoever you want. It don't matter. May God just bless you with more likable and agreeable people to cater to your human whims and quirks... and with whom you can hate with after a few shots. I think that's a great kind of love right there. =)

And if it hurts... just know that it will pass. And that cliche ain't a cliche for nothing. Cliches are statistical truths y'all. May God bless your heart.

May I become a great wife and mother, sister and daughter, friend.


                          (I told her there was a rainbow inside... if she looked closely.)


HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh ok. =P

10 comments:

  1. happy new year, ella enchanted! hahaha! =) and the first order of business for this fine new year is... our engagement dinner later this evening. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. congratulations! it must be more enchanted than ella. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... more enchanted, less obedient. hahaha! =P

    when the hell is our reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. probably on 2012 or visit me here in africa! hahaha




    ReplyDelete
  5. are you seriously in africa? wow. gj is gonna have a field day with that one. =)

    bring me home a zebra. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, seriously and insanely in africa! gj should come here and do a marathon.hahaha

    i think hyena would be more exciting as a pet.hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. what the hell are you doing in africa??????

    ReplyDelete
  8. i exiled myself here to work.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that's awesome. =) i hope you bring me home something nice... like SIMBA, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete