Monday, June 28, 2010

Follow the arc to Arcturus and speed on to Spica.

And just like in the movies... he named a star after me for our 8th monthsary.

http://www.painterofdreams.com/stars/anyoneviewstar.php?SAO=81427


......



"The Crowned Goddess"... taken from Love in the Time of Cholera, one of my favorite books of all time.




.....
.....
.....




Spica (Alpha Virginis) Is the brightest star in the constellation Virgo, and the 15th brightest star in the nighttime sky. It is 260 light years distant from Earth. A blue giant, it is a variable of the Beta Cephei type.

My very own star.

(How can I possibly beat that???)

Now... for our 9th monthsary... I should get a TELESCOPE. =)

Or... he can make me one. Like what Shane did for Mandy. (Time to google that sh*t!)

......

And now, the soundtrack to this most momentous occasion... from one of my favorite indie bands EVER (waffle, they'll be playing in Chicago in August... let's go!)


Taken from STARS' latest album "The Five Ghosts"

8 comments:

  1. To my kid sister Roni...

    Because stars, which clutter the skies...
    Don't burn as hotly as when you're flushed
    And don't sparkle as brightly as those eyes

    As it does when...

    Prince kisses you whilst holding your boob and I catch him doing it.

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Hay. Nako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha!!! :) Love you too, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brightest star in the constellation Virgo, and 260 light years from Earth. That really is you!

    Ssssiiiigggggghhhhhhhhh. I suddenly remember all the Walk To Remember episodes of my teens. Now I'm going to play Mandy Moore's Cry. Haha. And Switchfoot's Only Hope. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was late in September
    And I've seen you before
    You were always the cold one
    But i was never that sure
    You were all by yourself
    Staring up at a dark gray sky
    I was changed...

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. My version for Rayms:

    It was late in October
    And I swear I see you everywhere

    Hahaha. Sigh, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie... shane west is hot lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha, awww... it took you guys that long, huh? =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hell. yeah. shane west in that movie was like the edward cullen of our day. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete