Thursday, June 10, 2010

Laya.

"The view is always greatest at the top, even if sometimes, the height is overwhelming."

...
...
...

Ok due to my semi-limited Filipino vocabulary, I seriously wanted to use the word "nakakalula" in the context as opposed to "overwhelmed" but it just wouldn't have looked right as an original quote.

But y'all get it, right?

And another thing I've learned as you get older...

Those carpe diem-driven "What ifs" that were once motivated by the luxury of your free-spirited youth... will one day become a happily oblivious, blissfully ignorant "Then what" that makes growth and maturity less intense and more tranquil.

True story.

I was the epitome of carpe diem once.

Now...

I have no qualms "not knowing" certain things... because you're only certain until you are and right now, I'm certain about how my life is going.

And I hope that made sense.

On that note...

Happy Independence Day, y'all.

.....

For some strange (and yeah, relatively f*cked up and unpatriotic) reason... I always seem to forget that Independence Day is on June 12, NOT July 4 (which is actually, Fil-American Friendship Day here in the PI) ----- not that I consider myself a Fil-Am "spokening dollar" elitist or anything.

I'm just stupid like that sometimes.

*shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment