Sunday, June 6, 2010

XOXO

Now... I finally get why people serve most shrimp with the shell still on 'em.

De-shelling shrimp is TEDIOUS AS HELL. Furrealz. It's a frikkin' labor of love. Like... I think anyone who de-shells your shrimp for you (and refrains from eating until all the shrimp has been de-shelled)... must love you a whole lot.

...

Ok, I'm saying this because I made shrimp thermidor lastnight for the very first time... without really knowing how to make it. I just knew I had to cook all the neglected shrimp that was in my refrigerator. Now I actually like to cook... and I especially like to cook for my boyfriend only because he's so receptive of my amateur cooking delicacies and entrees... even though he feels the need to put hot sauce on EVERYTHING. Still, cooking has recently become one of my favorite (and sometimes, most therapeutic) pastimes.

Ergo, the shrimp thermidor I made from scratch. (And f*ck yeah I'm gonna say it was delicious because it honestly was. =)

***Must-haves in your ref: Cheezy and Bacos.

And in case y'all didn't know... you can cook ANYTHING on a non-stick pan. Seriously. Non-stick pans are f*cking awesome. I should put that on my wishlist --- an entire set of non-stick cookware.

Anyhow... in other kitchen matters...

My beat-up, hand-me-down refrigerator needed some serious defrosting. So aside from preparing a very late dinner, I ended up clearing and cleaning out my entire fridge and at 10 o'clock in the evening, Pao and I were picking at the helluh thick-ass block of ice that had situated itself just below my freezer... with a screwdriver and hammer while pouring microwave-heated cups of water onto it.

This is exactly why I want a no-frost refrigerator.

Sometimes, I'm weirded out by the fact that I want one so bad. Other girls get off on... I don't know... rainboots. (Not that I don't like owning dressy girly things -- that day, I just scored me a very sexy off-shoulder dress from PRP and a staple pair of hounds-tooth coochie cutters)... but I really want a refrigerator.

(SAMSUNG, GE, ELECTROLUX... if you are reading this... I am willing to test any of your refrigerators and write a review about it. Just... please... give me one. A big one. The one with double-doors. And is no-frost. =)

....
....
....

I decided to stay home last Saturday night. Plans to hook a friend up with another friend were cancelled, mostly due to a dwindling semi-hangover from Friday night's trip to Encore (which I absolutely do not like because even the VIP areas are packed --- which defeats the purpose of actually being elitistically comfortable AT the VIP area). The husband-to-be had a gig at Eastwood and I was ultimately free to do whatever I wanted, go wherever I pleased, see whoever I wanted to see... but instead, I found myself cleaning our quaint little condo, scrubbing toilets and showers, sweeping floors, and washing dishes... all out of my own happy accord. Then I called in for a home-service massage while watching Season 2 of Gossip Girl.

And yes. Chace Crawford is a cutie. (Sorry for the delay in stating the obvious)

Besides, the vodka-redbulls are starting to lose its luster. And people aren't nearly as interesting as they used to be.

So it was: Gossip Girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite... for the rest of the night.

And since I kinda wanted to end this little entry with a bit of a Gossip girl-like vibe... I am going to put up a picture of the first girl I ever made out with. (I was 15... and she was my ex. =)




(Sorry love, but I think my ex-girlfriend is hotter than yours, hahahaha! Kidding. Well. Not really. =)



XOXO,

M

8 comments:

  1. sarap magluto no? maproseso lang... pero kapag nagenjoy ka naman gusto mo magluto lang ng magluto... lalo na kung yung mga equipments mo eh tipong para kang nasa cooking show. everything's a grab away haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay korek. i want a kitchen with a huge countertop, lots of pans and a cupboard full of spices. basta... di ako yung maghuhugas, hahaha!

    it's weird how it takes about an hour to make a decent meal - kasama na prep time - but eating only takes about 10mins... 5mins, if it's really good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its how you prepare the food that makes it taste great :D
    paghirapan mo para matikman ang tamis ng buhay... metaphorically speaking :D
    ika nga ng mga marines: "no guts, no glory!" haha

    ang mga seafood pasakit kumain nyan eh, magbalat ng shrimp, sumipsip ng suso, magbasag ng shell ng crab! kailangan may effort haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, I hear you. Have you listened to Drake's "Over"? Genius.

    Cooking and handwashing are so calming. I love all things domestic. Almost all people in love do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonstick! There is no other way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yun oh. =P

    no pain, no gain... tamang ganon. hahaha! sarap lang din kasi ng seafood eh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, yes of course... but i'm kinda still stuck on Usher's OMG. *giggles*

    "got me like, oh my gosh i'm so in love... i found you finally, you make me want to say, oh oh oh oh uh-oh oh oh oh... oh my gosh!"

    i'd like to be a post-modern stepford wife someday. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i swear... i haven't cooked with oil in AGES... though I do spray the pan lightly with olive oil so it's not so dry, hahaha!!! i plan on putting all of my home-made recipes on index cards and bequeathing them to psyche when she grows up. =)

    ReplyDelete