Tuesday, June 15, 2010

KISSING SONG

Find some man, find some woman, that you can connect with... even for a moment, 'cause that's really all that life is, Sister. It's a series of moments. - Loki (Dogma)

.....

There will come a time in your life (as it was when it came for that time in my life, but perhaps I'm generalizing) when you will realize... and I mean, truly and fully come to terms with the very knowledge and reality of the undeniable fact... that your life undoubtedly means your sure and inevitable death.

But I do not mean for this to be sad.

.....

I was in La Union with Paolo (and please please bear the cheesiness) and on our 2nd night... while we were drinking by the resort's restaurant, a brown-out happened. So we walked back to our room using his Macbook for a flashlight. Then, after lighting a small blue tea-light and turning on the iPod on its fully-charged dock... he and I began slow-dancing to The Kissing Song by Dawn Landes.

Like... we were "slow-dancing." My arms around his neck, his arms around my waist, foreheads touching, eyes closed... usher's "you got me sayin' oh my gosh i'm so in love, i found you finally, you make me wanna say oh oh oh uh-oh oh my gosh" prom-like type dancing...

And I was JUST THINKING... that I was going to remember this moment... and that it was these and other moments like these that deeply mattered to me. And I was thinking about how life is measured by what you remember and if there was anything about my romantic life i wanted to remember, it would be the time i slow-danced during a brown-out, or first kissed my would-be husband in the middle of the street during the middle of a storm, or being stoned out of our minds and laughing like two happy little love bunnies gone bananas, having our first real formal date at Hooters, all the emails, and the road-trips, vacation trips or just the trips to the grocery store.

I wish that for people. To find and make moments that just STAND OUT. The ones worthy of telling your grandkids and falling back into a state of abysmal nostalgia. I may not remember all of my other 'round-the-world trips, or my "excursions" with other random people... or even the bad memories I have successfully pushed into the deep, dark forgotten corners of my mind...

I just want a life that's filled with moments worth having. Worth remembering. And memories I will actually remember when old age kicks in.

"Thirty-seven seconds well used is a lifetime." - Mr. Magorium





Soak in the carpet, their shoes and the furniture
And he needs her to drown out all the water and noise in his head

No comments:

Post a Comment