Monday, January 11, 2010

***sociology

I like blogging and all...

But I just realized how much I miss talking to people. Like really talking to them. I miss real, physical interaction. (Not that I don't appreciate being "written" to and writing back...)

I just miss my friends. Miss the way we were before the internet.

Yeah. That's it.

I miss ranting and raving in person. I miss seeing looks of surprise and disapproval and changes in tone and being scolded and ridiculed and patted on the back.

I miss being able to laugh and cry in front of them.

I miss finding a friend in a stranger I just met on the bus. And coffee dates. Not starbucks coffee pretentious dates. Like... nescafe 3-in-1 whilst walking around somewhere, finding a bench, lighting a cigarette and just... talking. Aimlessly. Endlessly. Without looking at the time.

....

It's funny now, how there are so many means to communicate with people... thru text, fb, email, twitter, and other what-have-you...

But people don't really "communicate" anymore.

God I need to go to a bar alone and find me a stranger to talk to.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on that Michelle. I used to have loads of late night chin wags with my buddys, but now FB is taking over a bit and making it easier to be lazy when it comes to (like you say) really communicating. If we get a chance some day you can chew my ear right off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i take it that chin wag = conversation. =)

    I guess i just miss how everyone used to be more... available. like... i read this blog my dj friend wrote about how back in the day, when people would hand out flyers personally for an event, 90% would show up. But now, with all the mass text-msg invites and FB invites, you'd be lucky to have a couple rsvp, let alone actually go. and you're right, people are now too lazy to actually reach out. you pledge online, you chat online, you shop online, work online... *sigh*

    what's your address? i'll send you a postcard. =P

    oh and I will take you up on that offer, buddy. =P that ear is coming right off. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna test your testeament on that one, My address is in your inbox and put a return address on it i'll send one back ;P

    ReplyDelete