Monday, January 25, 2010

3

It's my third monthsary today.

Today, my desk was moved to the "romance star" corner of our office --- in Feng Shui, it's the area that's supposed to bring romance and governs relationships and is symbolized by hugging couples.

Now I'm supposed to put two mandarin ducks on a plate on my desk to enhance this love. *shrugs*

......

I was formerly in the "conflict star" area. I guess you can say that Paolo didn't have the smoothest 3months whilst my sitting there. And I know I'm not the easiest girlfriend to have what with my retrogressive jealousy and my annoying habit of wanting to pick fights and my mood swings and my constant need for perfection.

But then again... I wasn't gonna let him have it easy. And I think I'm more in love now than then... and if love really does grow rather than wane over time, then this is one of those, i-love -you-more-and-more-each-day type loves, despite how cliche or corny or just downright fallacious it is (esp. for the cynics and romantic atheists of the world... which I once was, fyi). We become more and more like one of those uber-happy perfect married couples who can just hang out or party it up or work together in the same room without talking or have a fully-packed family day sunday running errands and spending time with the baby... just to do it all over again.

Seriously.

I'm obsessed with the guy. And we can do all of that whilst having crazy monkey (but responsible) sex. LOL!!!

I especially love the family he and I have made. And that requires more than just nature and genes, if that counts at all these days. He's nurtured us into one. And I think my daughter and I couldn't have been more blessed to have someone love us both so much.

....

But he and I made a deal that once we hit our 1st year anniversary, we will no longer count our monthsaries. (But I still will. Hmph. Monthsaries are AWESOME.)

So awesome in fact, that he got me that grill plate teflon thingie that doesn't require oil or charcoal for you to fry or grill your food... since I've always wanted one. And now, I've never been more excited to "grill" my marinated chicken fillet tonight.

I love you, Paolo. I got myself a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment