Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When good enough is enough

I don't know how it is for most working mothers but for me, there are definitely times where I feel guilty that I can't be there for my daughter as often as I should. That I don't have the luxury to be a full-time housewife or stay-at-home mom because our family and finances require dual-earners (who also happen to be dual-career parents).

Now my daughter's personal yaya is stranded in her hometown, recently devastated by typhoon Sendong... and I find that perhaps taking care of a kid all day isn't exactly the easiest job on earth. And the fact that I have to bring her to my office and keep her preoccupied with disney movies and video games and the occasional writing exercise doesn't make it any less stressful. Sometimes, I wonder how I even have the strength to carry my bag, her bag, our lunch bag, her dvd-games-makeup-notebook-and-everything-else-to-keep-psyche-busy bag AND her all in one go when we get home and I fumble with the keys to open the door only to rush right in to make some Rachel Ray 30-minute meal for dinner.

And then I remember: I'm her mother.

And no matter how busy I am, it's nice to know that I can still take my girl out to the park (during office hours =):

No comments:

Post a Comment