Friday, November 18, 2011

When my daddy gives me away...

                             I ain't gonna front... but I was always his favorite, hahahaha!


......

Been reading up on "Filipino Weddings" and sharing them via YM with my sister set out to have her church wedding shortly after me...

And I came upon this:

The Wedding Rites

The Bride and her Father marches to the altar. The Groom meets them, and all three will face the Priest/Minister. The question of who gives the bride away is asked, to which the bride's Father answers, "I do" . He then gives her daughter's hand to the groom, after which he takes his designated seat in the front row with his wife.


I think this is a highly underrated part of the wedding ceremony. Shit. I'd probably be ballin' to my daddy saying crazy shit like "Noooooo daddy don't let me go!!!!" Pao would have to pry me from his clutches. But not too much, though, because I like the guy I'm marrying. And my daddy likes him, too. Not just cuz I like him. =P

And this is why I think my dad is not only the SMARTEST guy I know, he is also the TOUGHEST. A real fucking bad-ass. Because even though his "gangstah" reputation precedes him, he was able to raise four incredibly beautiful, intelligent, good-natured, and kind-hearted girls despite the odds, the hardships, the trials and the troubles, (and basically, the sheer insanity of having to raise FOUR f*cking GIRLS... not excluding our mother, haha)... and has the sublimely divine grace to give our delicate hands away... to another man (who, in our "daddy's little girly eyes," won't really ever be quite like our daddy... but they'll try anyway.)


There goes my speech right there, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, tear. :) Love that there's a guitar and a drink in that photo. What a rockstar!!! By the way, Psyche is so cute in that profile pic! She was still such a little baby!!! :) GIGIL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe that was MY drink. hahahahaha!

    yeah psyche's getting big and talkative and weird and more independent. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete