Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Starbucks vs. CBTL



Ben: (swivels chair and turns to me) Mitch?
Me: Yeah?
Ben: Are you busy?
Me: Kinda. (as I'm searching for unrelated work stuff on the net and totally procrastinating from actually writing for the magazine)
Ben: Really?
Me: (peers over glasses) Why, what is it?
Ben: Can I ask you a question?
Me: What?
Ben: What do you like better: Starbucks or Coffeebean?
Me: (takes a moment as I'm a serious ponder-er when it comes to trivial questions) Well...
I like that Coffeebean has that card thingy and you can gain points to get free coffee and stuff. And I like their Chai Tea Latte. But I like Starbucks' Espresso Frappucino 'cause that wakes the shit out of me. But I don't really go to either of those places. So if I had to choose, I'd say Starbucks, only because of their Espresso Frappucino and because that shit serves a real purpose. But I'd never pay for that much for coffee. Shit. I lived in the province for God's sake. My coffee was always 3-in-1 or the Nescafe Frothe --- WHICH THEY PHASED OUT. And I used to buy Coffeemate Vanilla and Hazelnut to make my coffee taste good. THEY PHASED THAT OUT TOO. Fuckers. I think they figured I was the only one drinking that shit. (Obviously, I went into an entire, unsolicited monologue.)
Ben: Ok thanks.
Me: Why'd you ask?
Ben: Oh I just wanted to cross out the things NOT to get you [for Christmas.]


.....

Another day at the office.

2 comments:

  1. Monologue sabay "Ok thanks" haha! I LOVE The Ben Dialogues.

    You should try the Coffeebean's Moroccan Mint Tea Latte. Or African Sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ben is real weird that way. hahahaha! you should see us together. we actually talk like that WHEREVER we are. people in the mrt think we're weird.

    Yeah mika likes that moroccan tea.... and everything "african" =P i'll try it out next time. =)

    ReplyDelete