Thursday, May 5, 2011

TO ALL MOMS ON MOTHER'S DAY

Please. Take advantage of technology.
And the talents of your wonderful friends.
And make sure to capture the most special moments of you and your child's life.

CALYPSO: Dianna Jeraldine Capco

***Dianna, I didn't know that there were these many comments! I checked your site earlier to see if my photos with my sister were already up... and I saw this set again... and HOLY FRIKKIN' COW. I was so stunned to see all the nice things people had to say. I'm fighting back tears as I'm typing this (so my colleagues here at the office don't think anything's wrong with me... and realize I'm not actually working. =)

But really. Thank you. It's such a lovely Mother's Day surprise ---next to my own mom coming in earlier today to bring me 2 bags of mangoes, outtanowhere--- and I'm absolutely speechless and... still fighting back the vapors at this point.

Thank you. Thank you for capturing, so wonderfully, a moment in my life that defines a very big part of my happiness, triumph, and success. Thank you for allowing, nay... encouraging me to share this piece of my heart with you.

Michelle, you are one of a kind. One day, when Psyche grows up, she will always look back on these experiences and will proudly say to the world that you are her MOM!

Oh God, I'd want nothing more!

.....

And as of late, I can proudly say that Psyche considers this song her favorite lullaby:



I've tasted love beyond all fear
And you should know it's love that brought you here
And in one perfect night
When the stars burned like new
I knew what I must do
I'll give you a million things I'll never own
I'll give you a world to conquer when you're grown...

10 comments:

  1. I adore these photos love :) and I'm sure even before psyche could and can formulate or understand the meaning of proud, she already knew she had a kickass, badass, super mom. Love u guys and miss you and again I totally want her to take some photos of the fam on our next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, thank YOU.

    You didn't just share a piece of your heart with us. You picked us up and placed us right there in the center of your heart. I can't wait for the day you and Psyche have a hangover club of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, meet Dianna.

    Dianna, meet Ruth. =)

    Ok, y'all set up a shoot date. *yihee!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. babe, you're the one with the 2 kids and straight killing it being wifey and mommy and friend from 8000miles away. you are a super woman. and we miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni: "Psyche, what's mommy's favorite drink?"
    Psyche: "Alcohol."

    *whilst sipping a beer*

    Psyche: "Mommy, come on, drink some more!"
    Me: *takes another gulp*
    Psyche: "Ok you're gonna get drunk."
    Me: "That's the point. Wanna take a sip?"
    Psyche: "Nooooo, that's for big people, I'm still small, I'm only four!!!"

    She is raising me. I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer, it just seems longer. - Clement Freud

    By the way, the new photos are up and... man, you girls really crack me up. I was showing them to Rayms and he couldn't stop laughing. Happy Mother's Day you crazy beautiful woman you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Freud is abso-frikkin' lutely right. (Pao is sorta flirting with the idea of buying those e-cigs ---the ones ted mark have--- but man, i dunno.) I guess i could quit the smoking. the drinking? hell. to the. never.

    psst. yung birthday shoot natin with psyche, k? =) he will wear pink, if you say so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes definitely, the minute I get back. I-la-log in ko na si Psyche under my in-house roster. Child labor. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Parang ang haba ng roster ko no? Hahaha. (Thank you Michelle " The Face" for trusting me, then and now.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you in hawaii????

    hahahaha, child labor ba kung gawing kong pro bono model yung anak ko? hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete