Thursday, May 19, 2011

'Cause I'm a Rock n Roll Girl

QUESTIONS FOR SARISARISOUNDS DJs


1. Guilty Pleasure Artist/Band and/or Song OR Favorite Local Artist

Man, I used to listen to a lot of Roselle Nava and Donna Cruz back in the day (that’s how I learned to speak Filipino aside from watching Thalia-telenovelas). Now you CANNOT tell me that they weren’t a guilty pleasure one time or another. Can I get a “isang tanong, isang sagot” up in this??? That was like my highschool anthem… a time when boys were dense. Ok they still are.

Favorite local artist is… Regine Velasquez. Then Miscellaneous. =P

2. Local celebrity crush

Papa Piolo is a beautiful man. Dunno if I have crush on him though. I did once have a crush on Sam Concepcion circa 3 years ago when he was still all tweeny-bopper and cute and “un-touched” HAHAHAHA! Now he’s reached the height of his puberty and stuff. That just don’t appeal to me anymore.

3. Alternate band names (Band names that made the short list) OR for the non-musicians: If you had a band/group, what would you name it?

I actually helped name one of Nino Avenido’s bands, VHE. We all just got drunk one day at Circus Studio (I think after a shoot with Greyhoundz) and they were thinking up band names for their “neo-grunge” band and we came up with all sorts of dumb sh*t that mainly included the word “keps” as a suffix ---- Repakeps, Tea-Keps, Clapping Keps, Flaming Keps, Knee-Keps, Grey Keps, Out of Body Keps, Alice in Keps... until I asked what kind of music they played and Audz kept saying “it’s very hard to explain” … ergo… VHE.

http://michellecallanta.multiply.com/video/item/37/LORD_OF_KEPS <------ the video! =P

If I had a band, I’d name it… oh I dunno. The Creamy Bosoms. Or “Dimples Doblete” courtesy of Tito Gary aka Garon who apparently plays for COG and I never knew that after all this time I’ve known him and gone to his birthdays.


4. Who would play you in a movie of your life/band/music?




I’d want Shannyn Sossamon to play me. She has such a real face, you know? She has that type of look that makes her prettier the more she dresses down, or the shorter she cuts her hair, or the less make-up she wears --- a very raw beauty with natural features that just speak for themselves. Like an underrated Angelina Jolie. Even the way she answers the questions thrown at her is so down-to-earth... like she's saying it like it is. I see a lot of myself in her. =)

5. Post-gig cravings

(As a fan girl of Miscellaneous?) Kentucky. Fried. Chicken. For some finger-lickin’ goodness.

6. (Recording for Sari-Sari) Recording staples (food, drinks, entourage, etc)

Vodka. Redbull/Cobra. Chips. Cigarettes (for the breaks). Water (for when I start to get drunk). My co-host Roni. My manager/director/script writer/husband DJ Switch. And whoever SARISARISOUNDS serves up for us to get down and dirty with.

7. Gig motto (whether it's your gig or a gig you want to go to)

So long as there are beer stubs or a bar tab, I’m good.

8. What flavor of ice cream would you be?

Cookies and cream[y] bosom.

9. If your life was a song, what would the title be?

Insouciance.

10. Describe the perfect date.

You’re with someone you REALLY like, like uncompromisingly or un-blindly. A person who gives you butterflies in your stomach or plasters this weird smile on your face. A person whose skin burns you when you accidently (or not totally accidentally) brush or graze it. Perfect dates, I think, have a lot to do with who you’re with and not necessarily what you do on that date. Hell, you two can be at Kowloon drinking Redhorse and eating siomai til 6am (winks at husband) --- and though that would not normally constitute a very romantic date by our standards --- it could trump all of the other expensive dinners or weekend getaways you’ve gone on, compromisingly and blindly… so long as you are with someone you really like. And likes you back.

11. Phobias

Claustrophobia. And loud, obnoxious vexations to my spirit. People who reek of pretense like “Man, even God can’t save you from being fake.” (Ok maybe the last two aren’t exactly phobias, more like allergies but yeah.) I have more pet peeves than phobias. =)

12. What is your earliest music-related memory? OR for the musicians: What was the song that made you into a musician?

MY PINK BARBIE CASSETTE TAPE THAT CAME WITH MY ROCKnROLL BARBIE. 





13. Name one thing that many people don't know about you (e.g. That you're really shy in front of crowds, that you are a dive instructor, hidden talents etc.)

I think people don’t think I’m approachable. But I am. I seriously am. I just appear intimidating. But once you muster up the courage to know that [I’m approachable], I can become your Dr. Phil in two-seconds and three beers. And for all of the freakiness I say on our show, I’m actually pretty reserved when it comes to sex. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

14. Most favorite place in the country

In the loving arms of my husband and daughter, my home. Then there’s Los Banos, Laguna because that’s where I did a lot of my “growing up.” I wouldn’t be hosting a show such as The Hangover Club without that magical place of 30-peso 500mL Redhorses and 20-peso full-on siomai meals.

15. If you could go on a road trip right now, to anywhere, with anyone, where would you go and who would you take with you?

Like right now as I’m sitting here at my desk at my office waiting for the magazine proofs to be printed out and handed to me to edit on this lovely Friday afternoon, if I had the opportunity to get the f*ck out of here and go on a road trip, I would take DJ Switch of CafĂ© 808 and drive up to Sea Park Beach Resort, La Union.


............

Get to know your favorite SariSari Sounds DJs at sarisarisounds.com ----> original filipino music

No comments:

Post a Comment