Friday, August 27, 2010

BECAUSE REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES

After 4 years working for a magazine... I realized that beauty is now in the hands of our new-age "image technicians"... and not in Belo's clinic or any other plastic surgeon.

But I didn't wanna go out like that. And it took me 30mins. of scanning my photos to catch myself actually criticizing how I looked, feeling disgusted, figuring out ways to crop and edit my flaws, fats, muffin tops...

Then it hit me. Beauty is a matter of perspective. And that maybe we've all just gotten used to equating beauty with thinness. So as an experiment (and voluntary conscious effort), I decided to look at my curves... and find beauty in them (the way my loving fiance finds beauty in me... despite my non-cheerleader body =). And I did. And for once, I didn't stop to care about all the other girls who would have a fucking field day hating on my imperfections (shit, after all the times I've hated on theirs, haha).

All I know is... "I may be fat, but [those haters] are ugly... and I can still lose weight." Only now... I want me some chicken and *gasp* white. rice. and NO ONE IS GONNA STOP ME.

More cushion for the pushin'! =P

6 comments:

  1. (Oh my God your lip gloss is to die for.)

    IMPERFECTIONS?! What have you been inhaling?! You are hotness!!! Ribs only look good on a plate. Lord have mercy on us if the famine look ever becomes in. Have another serving of "extra rice" (hahahaha, it always cracks me up when Rayms orders "1 rice and 1 extra rice," like they're 2 separate feasts or something), don't you know, us tropical girls have the perfect bodies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (the lip gloss is from forever 21... which i got from my sister =)

    "Ribs only look good on a plate." ---- you know i never really liked ribs. i like my meat thick and juicy. maybe you really are what you eat, haha! yeah my friend said it's cuz alot of people here in the phils are malnourished so... we have to make that look good. hahaha rayms... well the boy needs alot of energy and "extra energy" *winks*

    hmm... i guess it's just amazing how the "white folk" were able to manipulate everyone into thinking that their pale, waif look was worth aspiring for... so they wouldn't feel too bad when they couldn't tan like us. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're the reason why I still open my multiply. hihi. I love reading your blog :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww... that's really sweet... but you know, you really don't have to log on to see my blogs and stuff... just type in the url... but yeah, if you wanna comment, you have to be a member of multiply. i guess that kinda sorta saves me from the possible anonymous comments... but i still get a few from time to time. (hahaha this is such an overshare, i'm still pretty high on vodka/redbull =)

    but thank you. truly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ate wtf are you talking about! i saw your pictures! ganda mo lang eh noh?? i love you juuuust the way you are, and you know i love your boobies. heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha you and pao love em... the boobies, hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete