Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thank you thank you!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who was able to attend last Saturday's Pinoy_Blogfest 1.0 and for staying the whole day just to see the event through... all the way up until the open bar ended at 8pm. I personally learned a lot from our guest speakers... like how to monetize on your blogs (though I don't think I'll be doing anything like that anytime soon, if ever as I still retain a level of modesty when it comes to my blogs) as well as the code of ethics with regard to "citizen journalism."

It kinda made me want to rethink about keeping all those hateful blogs I used to write about the people I didn't like lest I find myself in some messy libel suit.

*shrugs*

But it's just soooooo fun to b*tch and rant sometimes. Good thing I'm not a journalist. =P

So yeah.

Thank you to all my fellow bloggers who took the time out to support our event as well as our guest speakers for imparting their knowledge and know-how to us eager beavers.

***Special thanks to Mr. Paolo Toledo for being there... from 7am to 7pm. What a trooper. (You're the best, waffle =) Thank you to Ms. Kim "Kaladkarin" Lim for following as well. And for being such a silly little penguin.

(whilst raiding the open bar and awaiting the raffle)
Kim: I want a laptop bag.
Me: I want a laptop.
Kim: Hmm... I want a lapdance.
Me: I want a lap... hmm... lap... lapan.

(oh and for my english-speaking friends, "lap-lapan" means "torrid kissing" hehehe!)

....

Shout-outs to Chef Kel Zaguirre of the Richmonde Hotel for the amazing Portobello Mushroom burgers that he demo'ed for the guests. (I'll make sure to drop by Eastwood Richmonde Hotel for more "healthy but delicious" dishes.)

And of course...

To Yolando and Norman of TUNAY NA LALAKE (tunaynalalake.blogspot.com) for gracing us with their presence. =)

             with Ed. Asst. Danee Torres and TNL moderator Norman Wilwayco
                                       



I'm proud to be a "real man" under your standards. =P

4 comments:

  1. Mare kamusta?? bakit di tayo friends sa facebook??
    by the way punta ka sa album launch namin ha sa sat sa mckinley ka pumunta =) we prepared something special for that show =)

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1120891706&ref=search&sid=556159691.2613339168..1#!/event.php?eid=109427562421979&ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cuz i don't have a facebook. =P

    i think i can drop by on friday at eastwood. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi michelle....just a note to say thank you for posting the pinoy bloggers invite and to tell you na rin that im glad to finally meet you. cheers! - jam

    ReplyDelete
  4. no no thank you for coming and supporting our event! hope you all had fun and learned alot. =) it was a pleasure meeting you as well. =)

    ReplyDelete