Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Perfect Two

I was going through your blogs and first came across "AN EDUCATION - with Psyche Calypso." I was listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXxbC0B_74s at the time I was reading this entry, and it made the experience of reading it tear jerking. I know the song is about a relationship of Love between a GF and a BF, but I felt that a lot of the lyrics could relate to a type of Love a mother has for a daughter and vice versa. I was reading everything first before I scrolled down to the end of the entry and BAM...that picture of you guys hugging made it even harder to hold back the waterworks. It made me want to go out and make a baby, so one day I could have a moment like that with my child. You guys are lucky to have each other.

Honestly Gerry, if my daughter and I can make you want to go out and make a baby then... that reassures me that I must be doing something right with this whole "parenting" thing... especially when I used to think that being "motherly" was the last among my list of better qualities.

So... thank you.

And thank you for sharing this:



I hope that for all that you've read (about my relationship with my daughter and my husband), that it encourages you to not only be an awesome parent, but an amazing partner as well, as I know I couldn't have been as great a parent to my daughter without the help of my husband... who takes over the parenting when I've just about lost my mind, hahahaha!

Like my favorite Def Poet once said: "One plus one equals three, and I know the math sounds strange and sometimes I find myself struggling with divinity. But why try? Mother, father, child is the holy trinity, and she is living proof that there is truth in fertility."

No comments:

Post a Comment