Thursday, June 16, 2011

AN EDUCATION - with Psyche Calypso

Youth is a perpetual intoxication; it is a fever of the mind.  ~François Duc de la Rochefoucauld



My daughter has reminded me about many important things in life which I had forgotten, which I had lost somewhere in all the muddle of my trying to "find" myself, trying to figure out what it all means, trying to establish some sort of purpose.


She came into my life and thus began my re-education.




So this is to my mentor...


Who showed me the absolute joys of something as mundane as a strepsil or a potato chip (she will literally watch Law & Order with you so long as you share with her your bag of chips)


Who showed me the strength and integrity of having a plan, of earning your keep and finding happiness so long as you do the ff. in chronological order
1) go to school
2) go to the office
3) get married
4) kiss a boy


Who showed me how fun it is to cook with Barbie and to eat invisible food.


Who showed me why Disney princess movies are the ultimate romance collection.


Who showed me that no matter how upset or busy or so-not-in-the-mood-right-now you are, you just need to take your partner's hand, clasp em between your fingers, and realize that THAT is love.


Who showed me that for all the money you  make and all the hours you put in at work, all you need to bring home is just enough to buy icecream. And you will get all of the love inside the bottomless pit of her little heart.


So here's to my baby girl who is turning 4 tomorrow at exactly 7:25pm...


For teaching this old soul the beauty as well as the difference between being young and careless and being youthful and carefree.


Happy birthday, Psyche Calypso!!! Mama and Papa love you very much.

2 comments: