Thursday, March 29, 2012

SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW

I love how my sister and I can still listen to a song in the car and manage to dissect/decipher its meaning... first via looping. Then googling the lyrics... while driving. On EDSA.




Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over

But had me believin' it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

So Kimbra is the [current] girlfriend who's getting f*cked over by her boyfriend (Gotye) who is apparently still hung up on his ex --- cuz no guy would be as passionately upset with their ex... unless they were still hung up on them. That was my interpretation.

My sister believes Kimbra is the girlfriend who doesn't WANT to end up becoming somebody that he (Gotye) used to know.

Either way... a guy with a hang up IS SO CUTE. Sad yeah. But cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment