Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One night in Bangkok


IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR "THAI WELCOME" (as indicated in our media itinerary) ....

So we don't know WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME WE WERE BEING OFFERED A "HAPPY THAI ENDING!"

Not to sound elusive or vague but I think... *swallows down vomit*... I kinda sorta know how SOME massage parlors go about "offering" (albeit with not-so-subdued subtlety) their "happy ending" service.

***This was so NOT the Sukhothai we had in mind (our tour guide completely played us).


                  Here's me, excited and utterly naive BEFORE the "one hour of Hell" began.

Seriously, all I can say at this point is... before you try out some method of whole body massage, do your research first to see if you're supposed to be massaged in a "certain manner" and in "certain, more delicate areas." *cringe cringe cringe and so wants to raid the Singha beers in hotel ref*


PS. That bystander effect bit is soooooo true. All of my colleagues in the rooms beside me DID NOT MAKE A SOUND during their "session." My male colleagues, especially, didn't say a thing. (And mind you, our masseuses were GUYS. Skinny Thai guys... IN COTTON SHORTS.)

In cotton. f*cking. shorts.


Here's to DAY 2. *gulps*


7 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! I didn't mean to laugh... I've just never been to Thailand is all. I guess everything they say is true!!!

    It'd be weird getting massaged by a guy. I'm so used to the manangs here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, yeah... you should get massaged by a thai dude and let his balls graze your butt as he squats on top of you.

    *remembers ball-grazing*

    remember kung fu hustle? the guy washing his butt and the landlady gets mad at him cuz he doesn't pay his rent?

    looks like that guy. *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww.

    I hope Ben wasn't on this Thai trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha nah unfortunately no he wasn't with me though if he had been, i think he might've liked it, hahaha! speaking of ben, i showed him the disney hipster link you sent me. it's something he enjoys very much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. "I left the ocean. It's too current."

    ReplyDelete
  6. hipster shoot na dali!!!!!!

    i so want to make an attempt at this whole hipster thing. i have the glasses. let's google some pegs! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty being a hipster. It's just that all the ugg ones are doin' it too!

    ReplyDelete